to want to buy a pair of trousers that aren't skinny jeans

(35 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Wed 18-Sep-13 23:58:28

Went to day to buy a few new things for autumn and am desperately in need of trousers.

I am not big - size 12 bottom, size 10 top, so probably smaller than average. Every single "trouser" hmm was 'skinny'. I hate skinny jeans because they feel so restrictive around your calves/take ages to pull on and I can't believe that many people actually like them

so why is it the only choice available at the moment??

fuzzpig Thu 19-Sep-13 11:07:39

I've had a few nice skirts from my mum, all bought in t k Maxx, but any time I go in our local one they don't have any skirts at all! sad

PickleSarnie Thu 19-Sep-13 11:10:25

Next Lift, Slim and Shape jeans are ace. I've got the slim cut (which definitely aren't skinnies) but they come in bootcut (and the dreaded skinny too) www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-women-category-jeans-designfeature-shapeenhancing-0

Yonihadtoask Thu 19-Sep-13 18:19:54

I bought Levis curve from Costco earlier this year. They have room in the legs, without looking loose. O have sturdy legs so skinnies look ridiculous on me.

I have Gap, long and lean bootcut which are my faces, but I need to slim back into those.

Also have Gap straight. They look more like skinnies one, but are ok.

I quite like New Look for jeans. They seem to be quite generous fit, and are cheap.

BikeRunSki Thu 19-Sep-13 18:30:13

Sainsbury' s chinos! They have been a life saver. Had always avoided skinnies due to a few excess stone. Was gutted when I lost weight to discover that trousers had got skinny too, and I can't get my legs in them.

alemci Thu 19-Sep-13 18:49:40

I find the skinnies slip down. I bought a pair of straight leg per una jeans. most trousers don't fit.

am I the only woman who is long waisted and trousers cut me as they are up my derriere and i want to yank crotch down

lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 19:04:44

Well now you know how I felt, OP, when flares were all the rage. A fashion trend which seemed to go on for yrs. Skinnies suit me & I find flares god-awful. What a Pain.

Harryhairypig Thu 19-Sep-13 19:13:47

I got two pairs of boot cut jeans in matalan the other day, I just find skinny jeans uncomfortable. They had other trousers too.

lotsofcheese Thu 19-Sep-13 19:20:34

I just bought M&S Lana Slimboot jeans - perfect for muffin tops as they're high waisted grin Plus they're only £25 & wash well.

I've bought jeans in Gap for 20+ years but stopped as they're all low rise & unflattering for muffin tops.

Absolutelylost Thu 19-Sep-13 19:27:20

I am loving my new skinnies from white stuff - generous fit and a bit stretchy! Having recently lost 3 stone, I am now the same size I was in 6th form and I'm nearly 50!! I never thought I would say this but I'm loving them...

Maryann1975 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:54:33

My dd(aged 7, but wearing age 9 clothes) refuses to wear skinny jeans. I have a real problem finding anything else. She has leggings, but any other trousers seem to be a real problem.
I do t mind skinny jeans, but would still like a choice of what to wear on my legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now