To be upset by this incident in Sainsburys?

(205 Posts)
FlobberWobber Wed 18-Sep-13 15:25:39

I've just been into Sainsburys with DS (2) who I always put into a trolley seat as it's quicker than him walking. Was in a hurry as didn't want to be late for school run and all the checkouts were busy. I only had 6 small things so I transferred them into a basket with Ds still trolley and went to the basket only aisle which was free. The cashier told me I was cheating, I said I had a basket, she said I should go and use one of the other aisles, I said there were none free and I did have a basket.

She huffed and told me I'd have to move DS out the aisle, which was really wide as the till next to it was closed and no one wax waiting in ours. I moved him to the end of the aisle and came back to my basket. She then pointed out her aisle was only for little bits, I said my basket had 6 small items. I felt quite humiliated by this
point, and annoyed especially
as I spend about £150 a week there!

LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed Sat 21-Sep-13 07:34:05

I love mumsnet sometimes- so many sensible posts which show understanding towards the needs of parents with young children grin

OP, of course yanbu. envy

FlobberWobber Sat 21-Sep-13 10:04:55

Well I complained and they were very apologetic and have sent me a £10 giftcard. I also phoned them a couple of years ago because I bit into a frozen snail in my salad (shudder), I thought the crunch was a shard of ice (shudder) and they gave me £25. I think they have great customer service, just let down by some staff sometimes as with any business.

everlong Sat 21-Sep-13 10:12:39

Nice one OP.

nennypops Sat 21-Sep-13 10:16:40

Owlinatree: Have only read to end of p 2 but terrible need to point out that it should be 10 items or fewer, not 10 items or less!!!!

Absolutely. And the fact that Waitrose signs say "10 items are fewer" is just one reason why I love them.

kali110 Sat 21-Sep-13 11:06:15

Ofcourse they compensated you, its not worth it for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now