To speak to the school?

(1003 Posts)
Orchwoid Tue 17-Sep-13 17:47:32

I've just been to collect my son from his school and he's told me that he won't be cast in his school Christmas play but all the other children will.

I am fumming. I am going to go and speak to his teacher first thing tomorrow morning but I am so angry that I can't work out whether I'm being reasonable or not.

HangingGardenofBabbysBum Thu 19-Sep-13 13:57:24

No Christmas is not a Christian festival. It is a cultural festival which is why lots of non-Christians celebrate it and why the shops shut and stuff.

That's going in my Smythson engraved Christmas Cards.

ilovesooty Thu 19-Sep-13 13:59:37

Filee is coming over as one of those parents who think that teachers should be dealing with each child's problem on an individual basis despite the fact that his stupid mother fucked up in the first place and expected the school to be
mind readers when she changed her instructions to the school.

merrymouse Thu 19-Sep-13 14:00:37

I don't know what happens in church schools, but I have experience of county/community state schools both now and 30 years ago and Christmas was about as religious as it got in primary school. (not saying christmas wasn't religious, just that there wasnt more religion at other times of year). If you can understand Christmas in a non specific cultural way, I don't understand why the rest of it couldn't be understood in a non specific, 'lets all be nice to each other', 'loving your spin on the old pagan rituals way' too.

I mean this is the c of e we are talking about.

(Unless this is a catholic school, in which case OP should have paid more attention to prospectus)

This thread is not accepting new messages.