Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think its perfectly possible to manage

(29 Posts)
Sparklysilversequins Tue 17-Sep-13 00:14:13

On £700 a month after ALL bills and food etc are paid?

Because someone I know is dropping around like a wet weekend because that's all they will have.

So am I?

jungletoes Tue 17-Sep-13 10:24:19

It's all relative imo.

charleyturtle Tue 17-Sep-13 10:25:06

I only get paid £700 a month, after the bills and food go out I end up with maybe £100 left over, I feel like i'm the queen of England with all my extra cash to spend on birthday and chirstmas presents. last week I even bought myself a new pair of jeans (that actually fit!)

£700 for fun money is loads! pop £500 a month aside and you can pay for a fancy holiday in no time at all! They are being very silly.

Preciousbane Tue 17-Sep-13 10:34:57

Some people are well off we all get that, I actually don't have a problem with it. To complain in the current climate when people are actually scared of putting their heating on and having to use foodbanks makes me really irritated though.

Preciousbane Tue 17-Sep-13 10:37:59

Who are these people that reveal so much about their disposable income though. People may say how much they earn or that they are a bit short or actually not struggling but to name an actual figure seems a bit odd. I have never met anyone who does this, nor have I revealed what I have left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now