Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Has Jamie Oliver sold his soul?

(170 Posts)
ABaconAndOnionTart Mon 16-Sep-13 20:28:51

Okay, I know this has been done to death but, Jamie Oliver advocates higher welfare meat, and yet is cooking chicken wings in his budget programme. Can't remember seeing free range or organic wings for sale unless attached to the bird! aibu thinking his message is forget the morals to save money?

HairyGrotter Mon 16-Sep-13 20:29:40

I hope he's sold his soul, the fat tongued cunt

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Mon 16-Sep-13 20:31:50

He had a soul?

showtunesgirl Mon 16-Sep-13 20:34:26

My local butcher does free range chicken wings but they ARE hard to get a hold of from a supermarket.

You need a soul in the first place to lose it

mehimandthegirls Mon 16-Sep-13 20:35:52

Yes he has..I watched a program where he was openly saying that he was selfish and had a need to travel round Italy for 3 months, just to get it out of his system! It was his birthday while he was there and his kids rang him and they were asking when he was coming back sad

He was convinced Jules was going to surprise visit him (as apparently she is like that..)at his party some Italians were throwing him.

She didn't turn up! ha He was gutted. Wanker.

HavantGuard Mon 16-Sep-13 20:36:16

He's not with Sainsbury's anymore so is pushing using your local butcher. I'd imagine they have plenty for sale.

FayKnights Mon 16-Sep-13 20:39:01

HairyGrotter....Jools is that you?!

MsUumellmahaye Mon 16-Sep-13 21:16:48

just watching his budget program, dill, lamb, filo pastry. actual arsehole.

DH and I spent that whole programme mocking jamie and his absurd costings.

He's become the dad that doesn't realise he's old and not cool any more.

And by 'old', I mean from the perspective of 18 year olds, etc.

ABaconAndOnionTart Mon 16-Sep-13 21:26:57

I did think buying a whole salmon is not exactly budget... My cheapest meal is 15p a portion.

ItIsKnown Mon 16-Sep-13 21:31:29

Jamie has split his soul à la Lord Voldemort into horcruxes hidden in various objects.

I wonder what they are?

ceeveebee Mon 16-Sep-13 21:37:39

Ocado sell two types of free range organic chicken wings.
But he is still a cock.

TheCrackFox Mon 16-Sep-13 21:41:32

I was in Boots today and there is now a range of Jamie sandwiches. When will he decide he has enough money?

LeaveTheBastid Mon 16-Sep-13 21:43:38

Howling at "fat tongued cunt" grin grin

picnicbasketcase Mon 16-Sep-13 21:44:50

Insert joke about cocks and chicken. Sorry, tired.

'Fat tongued cunt' gringringrin

armani Mon 16-Sep-13 21:46:44

just watched his 'money spending saving' programme and think its ridiculous! he is very out of touch with society if he honestly believes a £10 piece of salmon is cheap!

YouTheCat Mon 16-Sep-13 21:46:50

I have part of JO's soul in a stock cube which I am going to crumble into a bolognese tomorrow.

HTH grin

inkyfingers Mon 16-Sep-13 21:48:24

You're right, it has been utterly done to death on mumsnet.

He's in the food business, very successfully. He has 4 kids so knows at least something on trying to help them eat healthily. He apparently now sells sandwiches. Get over it.

silkboots Mon 16-Sep-13 21:48:50

pukka

ItIsKnown Mon 16-Sep-13 21:50:07

Jamie sandwiches? How much money does one family need FFS.

He has Jamie wine as well. I often pick up the bottles and hide them behind the others.

I think one of his horcruxes is a tongue-scraper.

ItIsKnown Mon 16-Sep-13 21:52:33

YouTheCat destroying a part of his soul into your sauce should impart a lovely smoky flavour grin

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Mon 16-Sep-13 21:58:27

The horcruxes are surely hidden in the form of turkey twizzlers - that's why he doesn't want anyone to eat them.

Hes a greedy bastard now, I dont know which one is worse, him or Gordon Ramsay, thank god for Delia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now