I miss the wedding threads!

(25 Posts)
HatieKokpins Mon 16-Sep-13 14:10:29

AIBU?

TheOnlyPink Mon 16-Sep-13 14:45:07

Yanbu, there were some brilliant ones this year!

the Christmas ones will be starting soon, so we can hope for some gold!

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 15:11:21

I could give you a current wedding thread, but I'm not going to. I have a completely irrational fear of the bride coming along and seeing it. It's actually killing me that I can't ask for opinions.

HatieKokpins Mon 16-Sep-13 15:12:38

Damn you firesidechat DAMN YOUR EYES.

Send me a PM instead ;)

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 15:16:00

But, Hatie you might be the bride!

See, I told you it was irrational.

BackforGood Mon 16-Sep-13 15:21:43

YADNBU - I love a good wedding thread, and how...erm... diverse the opinions are.
I've just had my eyes opened so much on MN over the last 9 years or so, reading what some people take offence at.
I've been going to weddings for over 30 years and only once, in all those dozens and dozens of weddings has there ever been anything that I could remotely 'chip in' to the moany, complaining threads - every other wedding has been a nice day out. smile

MagzFarqharson Mon 16-Sep-13 15:25:18

YADNBU!

I particularly love the ones featuring a STBMIL wearing a wedding dress and optional veil grin

HatieKokpins Mon 16-Sep-13 15:27:23

I assure you I am not the bride, Fireside. I got married earlier this year I have NOT been feverishly scanning the threads since, just in case it got mentioned at all. Oh no, not me and it was sadly a very civilised and happy affair for all concerned.

HatieKokpins Mon 16-Sep-13 15:29:39

The wedding threads drove me nuts with the asshat entitledness and sheer madness of the rather more, er ... vociferous ... guests, but now they're dying down, I miss them. This place needs more out-of-season weddings.

digerd Mon 16-Sep-13 15:36:14

I hope not to have to go to any more weddings as got to the old age when I love being at home doing my own thing in peace and quiet. smile.
Loved the "Gluezilla" Thread.grin

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Mon 16-Sep-13 15:38:18

I want more wedding threads. Although I don't want mine to furnish any, other than 'I went to a really nice wedding' grin

damn my STBMIL and DM being so damn reasonable and supportive! I've not had the chance to get bridezilla at all. I guess I'll just have to wait till my dcs get married and furnish their threads wink grin

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 15:40:22

Stop tempting me!!

The details are too unique and would out me immediately if a fellow guest saw it.

Oh go on then.

The very short version is that the event is very, very close to Christmas. Very close!

It is a few hours away.

It is a wedding that's now not quite a wedding. Can't say more.

Looks like we will have to pay for the meal etc.

None of this is really the "brides" fault, but I'm now not sure what to do. We are hosting Christmas for children and their partners again this year and could really do with the time at home doing all the last minute tasks.

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 15:42:56

Sorry that all sounds very boring. The complete facts would definitely spice it up, but I'm too scared.

redrubyshoes Mon 16-Sep-13 15:43:59

I went to an absolute howler a few months ago. We all sat there and grew three inches in height with all the buttock clenching and most of the guests left by 9pm. I was dragged along by DH as he is mates with the groom.

Tones up a flabby bum though. Her birthday parties were worse though.

To quote Joan Rivers; "Well that is enough of me talking about me. What do you think of me?" sums up the bride.

elcranko Mon 16-Sep-13 15:44:07

YANBU, I love the crazy bridezilla threads!

OliviaPope Mon 16-Sep-13 15:45:46

Go on firesidechat, tell us more!

Go on go on go on

<channels Mrs Doyle>

I'm not the bride either, I've been married for ages!

mrsjay Mon 16-Sep-13 15:46:34

the Christmas ones will be starting soon, so we can hope for some gold

was just going to say ^ ^ some of those are bonkers grin I do love a wedding thread though especially if it invovled a head spinny bridezilla

mrsjay Mon 16-Sep-13 15:49:29

None of this is really the "brides" fault, but I'm now not sure what to do. We are hosting Christmas for children and their partners again this year and could really do with the time at home doing all the last minute tasks.

fab a christmas wedding combo, you know what go to the maybe not a wedding wedding have a great time and im not sure what you need to do that can't wait or leave altogether

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 15:54:36

mrsjay what's the point of me posting a problem and then not getting the answer I want to hear. smile You're not helping.

And it just goes to prove that holding back on info gives you the wrong answers. It's so frustrating.

redrubyshoes Mon 16-Sep-13 15:55:06

I went to a fecking awful wedding where the bride stormed out because a guest brought her newborn in for an hour to say hi and introduce the baby to us all. She was knackered but made the effort to be there.

The bride was screaming and crying in the car park "That bitch is just stealing my day!"

shock

mrsjay Mon 16-Sep-13 15:56:10

or you know what it seems such a hassle why not give you apologies and stay home roasting chestnuts or something instead grin

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 16:01:14

Life's too short to roast a chestnut. Can't stand the nasty, furry things.

redrubyshoes Mon 16-Sep-13 16:08:13

I once had a weird experience of meeting a motherzilla of the bridesmaid. Her little girl was bridesmaid and her garland slipped down over her eyes during the photos. I put it back on her head and her mother had a total flip out and stormed over shouting "Do you know what you are DOING with that?"

confused

firesidechat Mon 16-Sep-13 16:19:19

I do love a good wedding thread, but mainly because I've never come across behaviour like this in real life. We've had a few unfortunate poems, but nothing like the sort of things mn seems to experience.

But then I've never seen entitled sisters, overbearing mils or family feuds either.

mrsjay Mon 16-Sep-13 16:44:25

redruby you have been to some weird weddings , My dd was once a flower girl at a wedding was a cousin of my friend they had no girls in their family so she asked I knew her so why not, ANYWAY she went to the wedding all pretty blah blah after the meal the bride said to me , did you bring a change of clothes for her, erm no why well I want the dress back shock I said well I can give it to friend next week thats fine as long as I have it back by the time i come back from my honeymoon confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now