To be a bit confused about Mumsnet Classics?

(163 Posts)

A lot of threads have gone into Classics, but really that's because people get swept away with it. At the time. The thread may have been funny and those posting had a day or so of laughing, but why does it need to be in Classics?

Does anyone ever look in Classics? Apart from maybe to find the unfunny Pom Bear thread? confused

HandMini Wed 18-Sep-13 17:44:47

I thought the Yoni Master from Hull was pretty good, especially when everyone name changed. Was that made a classic? And please please, tell me what the "rivers of sweet corn" reference is.....

BlatantRedhead Wed 18-Sep-13 17:32:22

I occasionally look in classics when I don't fancy interacting with anyone and need a good laugh. The Zombie Plan thread was the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 18-Sep-13 17:19:13

Was 'I've shat on my skirt' the "if I move I'll poo" and "I'm so sorry Alan" thread? If it is that was one of the only threads that genuinely did make me cry with laughter. Proper, out loud belly laughs.

The 'least professional moments' thread is also one of my favourites.

I do agree though that for most of the funny ones you need to be there at the time.

HoneyDragon Wed 18-Sep-13 16:49:17

Yes, that was me. Weasels still keep on surprising me.

TimeAgainForWellies Wed 18-Sep-13 16:14:51

[I was on that thread]

happy days

TimeAgainForWellies Wed 18-Sep-13 16:14:38

aaah weasels. so cute.

slightly larger than a mouse

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 18-Sep-13 15:44:48

Were you the 'weasels thread' Honey?
I enjoyed that one, and have started asking people how big they are.
Everybody thinks they're the size of ferrets.

HoneyDragon Tue 17-Sep-13 16:19:57

zing there are a few threads started by me in classics (down to other mnetters for the funnies though) the one MNHQ checked on involved discussing sex toys with Ds blush, I'll do a linky when I'm home and can search it properly.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 17-Sep-13 11:12:20

OMG Parsing I am meant to be having a lie in today. Ive just wasted more than 2 hours on that link! grin

TimeAgainForWellies Tue 17-Sep-13 10:45:50

Did MitchyInge's pink horse make classics?

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 17-Sep-13 10:40:04

Cutted Up Pear is the only one that is really great IMO. The other ones like Yoni and pomme bears are "you had to be there" threads.

Groovee Tue 17-Sep-13 09:15:05

Cutted up Pear was the one which always sits in my mind.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 17-Sep-13 09:12:54

I've had at least one thread in the Round-up that didn't make it into Classics.

I send people there to see the best of MN - threads like Miguel Tuna, the baby who needed milk, the kitchen getting cleaned. The wedding planner baby shower thread is worthy of televising and while Chaos's toaster thread is one of my favourite ever I do think you had to be there.

Mumsnet the Musical definitely deserved to make it into Classics grin.

ZingWantsCake Tue 17-Sep-13 09:00:55

honey

would you link it here please?
is it about dying your kid blue?

ParsingFancy Mon 16-Sep-13 18:11:20

I'd been quite ill, housebound and isolated for a long time when I read that thread, and it was the first time for years I'd laughed like that. Proper belly-hurting, can't breathe, tears down my face laughter.

Boy it felt good.

ParsingFancy Mon 16-Sep-13 18:07:11

Actual link to The Least Professional Moments of My Illustrious Career, the Angela Hernandez thread, to put everyone out of their misery after all those tantalising references.grin

SnookyPooky Mon 16-Sep-13 18:02:09

I love classics, pooed on my skirt at work sucked me in.

HoneyDragon Mon 16-Sep-13 16:25:40

MNHQ kindly asked if I minded one of my threads going into classics. To save me from my embarrassment being forever on the interwebz.

I said yes, because you buggers have the memories of elephants anyway grin

ShowOfHands Mon 16-Sep-13 14:12:14

MN moved one of my threads into classics once (and they devoted the whole talk round up to it). They didn't ask my permission. I found that weird. It was a chat thread for a reason. I left it in classics because other people requested it (and cocolepew told a flipping funny story on it) but it doesn't deserve a place there.

My favourite threads in classics are the random acts of kindness threads. The bounty invasion thread should have been in there too.

Hullygully Mon 16-Sep-13 13:24:55

gran gran

and

grey grey

happy times

<sigh>

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 16-Sep-13 13:17:40

Pinot's kitten rescue and photos was a classic, I loved that thread.

LeGavrOrf Mon 16-Sep-13 12:43:36

Most of the funniest threads I remember ended up getting deleted. Like the woman with the horse brasses, gran gran, and then her daughter came on to shout at us all. She was a troll and the whole thing went poof but it was so hilarious at the time.

I agree that if you are on the thread 'live' it is far funnier than reading it cold. I didn't find the Pom bears funny at all but I am sure it was amusing to those reading it as it unfolded.

SantanaLopez Mon 16-Sep-13 12:38:54

Where has the 6 kids at the wedding one gone? Was it a troll? I loved that one.

The one about the cat is fabulous, and the teenage son lie thread.

HesterShaw Mon 16-Sep-13 11:51:54

Sorry - "He is in reception so this is my first brush with bonneting."

Even that bit makes me snort grin

Anyway, back to work. Sigh.

HesterShaw Mon 16-Sep-13 11:50:30

"I am new to bonnetting."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now