To be a bit confused about Mumsnet Classics?

(163 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Sun 15-Sep-13 22:04:02

A lot of threads have gone into Classics, but really that's because people get swept away with it. At the time. The thread may have been funny and those posting had a day or so of laughing, but why does it need to be in Classics?

Does anyone ever look in Classics? Apart from maybe to find the unfunny Pom Bear thread? confused

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 17-Sep-13 09:12:54

I've had at least one thread in the Round-up that didn't make it into Classics.

I send people there to see the best of MN - threads like Miguel Tuna, the baby who needed milk, the kitchen getting cleaned. The wedding planner baby shower thread is worthy of televising and while Chaos's toaster thread is one of my favourite ever I do think you had to be there.

Mumsnet the Musical definitely deserved to make it into Classics grin.

Groovee Tue 17-Sep-13 09:15:05

Cutted up Pear was the one which always sits in my mind.

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 17-Sep-13 10:40:04

Cutted Up Pear is the only one that is really great IMO. The other ones like Yoni and pomme bears are "you had to be there" threads.

TimeAgainForWellies Tue 17-Sep-13 10:45:50

Did MitchyInge's pink horse make classics?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 17-Sep-13 11:12:20

OMG Parsing I am meant to be having a lie in today. Ive just wasted more than 2 hours on that link! grin

HoneyDragon Tue 17-Sep-13 16:19:57

zing there are a few threads started by me in classics (down to other mnetters for the funnies though) the one MNHQ checked on involved discussing sex toys with Ds blush, I'll do a linky when I'm home and can search it properly.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 18-Sep-13 15:44:48

Were you the 'weasels thread' Honey?
I enjoyed that one, and have started asking people how big they are.
Everybody thinks they're the size of ferrets.

TimeAgainForWellies Wed 18-Sep-13 16:14:38

aaah weasels. so cute.

slightly larger than a mouse

TimeAgainForWellies Wed 18-Sep-13 16:14:51

[I was on that thread]

happy days

HoneyDragon Wed 18-Sep-13 16:49:17

Yes, that was me. Weasels still keep on surprising me.

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 18-Sep-13 17:19:13

Was 'I've shat on my skirt' the "if I move I'll poo" and "I'm so sorry Alan" thread? If it is that was one of the only threads that genuinely did make me cry with laughter. Proper, out loud belly laughs.

The 'least professional moments' thread is also one of my favourites.

I do agree though that for most of the funny ones you need to be there at the time.

BlatantRedhead Wed 18-Sep-13 17:32:22

I occasionally look in classics when I don't fancy interacting with anyone and need a good laugh. The Zombie Plan thread was the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

HandMini Wed 18-Sep-13 17:44:47

I thought the Yoni Master from Hull was pretty good, especially when everyone name changed. Was that made a classic? And please please, tell me what the "rivers of sweet corn" reference is.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now