Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To still find Keira Knightley really annoying..?

(124 Posts)
Scarletohello Sun 15-Sep-13 21:29:01

Ok this has probably been to done to death on another thread many moons ago but that bloody annoying Coco Chanel advert is being advertised every ten minutes it seems and that pour of hers us driving me mad! I just think she is a really wooden actress who is only used a lot cos she's as thin as an ironing board ...

Does anyone like her? ( or am I just being irrational ..?)

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 15-Sep-13 23:49:32

Any, I swear you bought a jacket years ago as said it was lovely. I was gutted cos everything in my order was shit and ill fitting. Glad you got the comfy bra though. I didn't realise why my bras pissed me off so much till those threads

AlfalfaMum Sun 15-Sep-13 23:50:40

I'm uncomfy with all the bitchyness on this thread too. She doesn't deserve that.

She is really pretty, yes, and maybe got some of her parts for that reason, but I do think she's a talented actor, and have to disagree that she always plays the same art. She was excellent in Never Let Me Go for example.

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 15-Sep-13 23:56:16

I like her.
Loved her wedding photos

squoosh Sun 15-Sep-13 23:56:34

I think she's very attractive.

I think she's an average actress at best and find it perplexing that she's the go to girl for all British or British set films and anything involving a corset.

AnyFucker Germany Sun 15-Sep-13 23:57:01

Nope, no Boden jackets here

Boden has never crossed my threshold

I am a strict River Island/H+M/TopShop/Warehouse lover

My M+S 32DD bra's though are fabulous for a flat chested gal

blobfish Mon 16-Sep-13 00:00:41

I think it's awful that someone would post "my husband would/would not fuck her".

Jesus wept.

NutcrackerFairy Mon 16-Sep-13 00:05:09

Sorry but I can't stand her as an actress.

She has been incredibly wooden and mediocre in every film I have had the displeasure of seeing her in.

She was appalling in Love Actually and Pride and Prejudice.

I personally don't find her face or figure remotely attractive but that's neither here or there.

But I do wince when her name is announced as lead actress in another major production and I think oh well, I'll just have to miss that one.

Remotecontrolduck Mon 16-Sep-13 00:10:57

She's not the best actress but she's passable in the right stuff, like period dramas.

She is stunning though, really striking in my opinion.

LazyGaga Mon 16-Sep-13 00:15:03

I like her.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Mon 16-Sep-13 00:21:45

I am mixing you up then, Any flowers <sorry>
I am sure you would look good though in a fun print, Henley, merino type creation.i went to Debenhams and marvelled at the fact that I wasn't pulling at my bra band anymore. I seriously had not appreciated that my tits went backwards as well as forwards hence the wire squashing on side boobage discomfort issues previously encountered as a B cup.

eretrew Mon 16-Sep-13 00:23:15

She's amazing and I can't see why anyone would dislike her.

CoffeeTea103 Mon 16-Sep-13 00:28:20

Op described her as being thin as an ironing board yet she isn't being flamed like another thread that describes a women in a supermarket being large. Why is being called a fat person any less offensive as being called a thin person?

Mimishimi Mon 16-Sep-13 01:18:06

It's the pout .... it's just awful. Otherwise she's quite attractive and not a terrible actress. I just wish she would lose that pout. It's not sexy contrary to what she might believPr

Creeping Mon 16-Sep-13 01:30:30

I like that she insists on staying flat breasted (no inplants). But her pout, it is really really really putting me off her altogether. Especially as she seems to do it ALL THE TIME. Really, is that acting? Not closing your mouth? AAAARRRGGGHHH

burberryqueen Mon 16-Sep-13 01:51:26

wel i have only seen her in Atonement and thought she was rather lovely

kickassangel Mon 16-Sep-13 02:21:58

I thought she was more interesting in Seeking a Friend for the Emd of the World, but too often she plays a role which only requires standing around and pouting, so I guess that's what she's known for.

I do get annoyed that she obviously got some of her big breaks based as much on her father and a rather stereotypical view of British accents instead of some shining screen presence. Also, she lost a lot o weight at one point, just as she started getting some big roles, and it annoys me that someone who was a healthy weight seemed to have to become incredibly thin before they could be given a starring role. It's not her that I'm annoyed at, but she did play it up with an 'oops, did that outfit go see through in the flashlight? Silly me' event just as she lost weight.

It does seem that being rake thin and flashing your tits is what Hollywood demands from young female actresses.

SmallTorch Mon 16-Sep-13 02:26:30

I haven't seen all the films mentioned. I quite like her. Never noticed her lip eyebrows chin jaw or thin flat chestedness as offensive!

LaLaLeBouef Mon 16-Sep-13 02:34:56

She looked better before the lip injections at the tender age of 19.

DizzyPurple Mon 16-Sep-13 02:37:29

Wooden acting definitely. But also as someone said her skinniness is a bit off-putting!
I did like her in 'bend it like Beckham' too but not in much else!

SlangKing Mon 16-Sep-13 03:06:40

I guess she's pretty enough but, as you say, too ironing board thin to be 'sexy'. As a bag o' bones myself, I like a little weight on a partner to avoid sounding like a xylophone in those intimate moments. I thought she was pretty good in Atonement, otherwise I remain indifferent.

Notafoodbabyanymore Mon 16-Sep-13 03:30:00

I find her fecking annoying, she's known as Keira Shitely in my house, but I hate the idea that one particular type of appearance is more attractive than another.

She can't help being thin, she can help her shitty and annoying pouty "acting".

To the PP who asked why it's offensive to call a fat person fat and not a thin person thin, it's because our society sees thin as desireable for a woman, and fat as grotesque.

Women should not be judged on their body shape. Actors, however, should be judged on their acting ability.

AlexReidsLonelyBraincell Mon 16-Sep-13 03:31:59

Despite her level of fame, you never hear of her being a diva bitch from hell in her treatment of others do you?

She's not my Lizzie, and I can take her or leave her in some films, but aside from that she's definitely been blessed with beautiful looks and generally seems to be a nice person.
I can't bring myself to dislike her, though I know others find her irksome, I think she's probably an alright sort.

DigestivesAndPhiladelphia Mon 16-Sep-13 07:35:49

Atonement, Never let me go, The duchess... Perfect in all of them.

She is strikingly pretty and I like the fact that she hasn't gone down the implants route and doesn't even bother with padded/push up bras, despite the fact that she is often criticised used for being thin & flat chested. We all have different body shapes, I think she is naturally thin and that she looks lovely as she is.

What has she actually done to provoke such nasty, childish comments from adult women who have never met her?! Bizarre.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Mon 16-Sep-13 07:43:24

She was great in The Duchess and she seems like a really lovely girl.

Gunznroses Mon 16-Sep-13 08:05:08

Lol at all the film experts who have decided KK can't act. The film/ casting directors all think she can but MN jury have decided in their expert opinion she can't. As for her beauty, beautiful actresses are ten a penny in the film business so surely she must have a lot more to offer than just her looks.

I find it rather distasteful a woman suggesting her dh would like to fuck another woman as if she's a piece of meat up for the taking, very crass!, says more about you than her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now