To feel a bit depressed/upset that people need to behave this way...

(55 Posts)
Gossipmonster Sun 15-Sep-13 17:46:35

At the supermarket this afternoon (Tesco for those who need to judge grin). Possibly feeling a bit low/sensitive as OH just gone away back to the forces after having 2 months together.

Walking up the aisle there was a group of adults and children stood in the middle of the "junction" of the aisle totally blocking it. One very large "lady" (by large I mean massive - wider than my trolley) directly in my way. One of the other ladies said to her "Oi Kel move yer arse someone wants to get through" "Kel" looked around, gave me a really hard stare moved aside but said "And? Why the fuck should I give a shit?" (Children still present) and then stood in front of the cold meats totally blocking them from me - and actually made me feel a bit intimidated - I did assert myself and get what I needed but why would a grown woman behave like that? In Tesco?!

WTAF is wrong with these people? How can we expect our children to grow up and behave in a civilised manner when I it seems a fair few adults cannot?

I find it really quite depressing.

kali110 Mon 16-Sep-13 01:51:50

Because some people have no manners and dont teach their kids any op.
Btw marks is not any better, iv heard customers swear at the staff and other customers.
Im scared of what society is going to be like in a few years!

Chottie Mon 16-Sep-13 05:40:09

There was a trolley rage incident in my local M&S last Christmas. A woman rammed a man with her trolley. He fell over and was taken to hospital with a fractured skull.

Taz1212 Mon 16-Sep-13 08:41:27

YANBU at all! My pet peeve is the amount of "fuck" and " fucking" I hear around children. Why??? Is it really needed???

I hate Sports Direct too but it's the only place around here that sells rugby boots so end up in it at least once a year. It's a nightmare trying to find staff to get the right sizes.

Mandy2003 Mon 16-Sep-13 09:16:11

I seriously wonder on the mentality of anyone who thinks its easier to mutter "Fuckin move then" rather than say clearly "Excuse me" (with or without the please!)

Sinful1 Mon 16-Sep-13 10:01:24

I think once you reach a certain..."width" you should have to go on a course to learn how to be in public without being a nuisance. Kinda like a HGV license

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now