To ask you to rage against cancer with me?

(87 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Sun 15-Sep-13 12:35:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotYoMomma Sun 15-Sep-13 12:37:36

so sorry about your DH, DB and everyone you know affected sad

cancer is a giant dickhead.

marzipanned Sun 15-Sep-13 12:56:33

Oh tunnocks I'm so sorry. I hate cancer so much. My beloved Mum died of cancer.

You must fight, and your DH must fight, too. My Mum was given a month to live but fought for a year. That gave us, as kids, one last Christmas with her, one last summer holiday...

My aunt was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. My nephew was one at the time. She refused to give in... after a dreadful and long fight, she's now cancer free.

Fight, fight, fight.

thegreylady Sun 15-Sep-13 12:59:54

I am with you too. I have lost so many family and friends to cancer and had/have breast cancer myself.

Rosa Sun 15-Sep-13 13:00:18

What a complete bugger .agree it is a nasty horrible thing,
Wishing you and your dh the very best,

tunnocksteacake Sun 15-Sep-13 13:01:51

ElleBelly Sun 15-Sep-13 13:01:59

Cancer is a bastard. Sending strength and positive thoughts your way and wishing you all well.

tunnocksteacake Sun 15-Sep-13 13:02:47

Musicaltheatremum Sun 15-Sep-13 13:06:07

Glioblastoma is a horrible disease. There is not enough research into it and the money spent on research for brain tumours is way way too low compared with other cancers. I lost my husband to a brain tumour last year. I feel your pain and your anger is very understandable.
"The Brain Tumour Charity" are doing a lot of work with this.
The only thing you can do is to be strong. I wish you strength from somewhere.

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 15-Sep-13 13:09:30

My grandfather died of brain cancer when I was 5. Bastard fucking cancer is evil, my family was robbed of a wonderful man.

Thoughts, strength and hope to everyone living with the devastation of cancer.

Tunnocks, I am with you all the way!

We were on an early pregnancy thread together in 2011, (tho i have changed my name a few times since then). I am so sorry to hear about your DH. What a hideous disease cancer is. DF is also fighting cancer and it also robbed me of 3 grandparents who I never knew so I rage against it.

Wishing you strength, hope and determination.

StraightJacket Sun 15-Sep-13 13:48:20

I am truly sorry to here your news. I am sending you and your DH strength, and will be keeping everything crossed for you both.

Glioblastoma is evil, cancer is evil! I have lost too many loved ones to it. I look forward to the day that we find a cure for the bastard!

expatinscotland Sun 15-Sep-13 13:51:34

My daughter died of acute myeloid leukaemia last year. She was 9. I can't get it up to be angry at cancer, sorry. It's a disease, that's all. A disease that was part of herself, not a foreign invader. It's not a battle or a fight, it's just a disease. I don't see the point in raging. It won't bring her back.

Sorry for your losses.

Euphemia Sun 15-Sep-13 13:55:14

Cancer sucks. sad

My grandad died from bowel cancer, my mum lost a breast to it, and we're currently watching my dad slowly die from lung cancer.

Horrible, horrible disease. sad

Cupcake1985 Sun 15-Sep-13 13:56:12

It's horrible! I lost my sister to breast cancer at 33 years old. It was a rare form and ended up creating cists in her head which was particularly cruel and sad for everyone. Im only 28 and will never get over those years. She was an amazing and loving person who impacted so many peoples lives - she is in a better place. I hope your husband is cured, I'm always praying for all those suffering.

tunnocksteacake Sun 15-Sep-13 15:06:29

after losing mum at 45 last year I can identify with the rage and the why her feelings but they won't bring her back to us. I will always be angry with how things turned out and why they happened the way they did, cancer is brutal. it makes no exceptionssad

FrigginRexManningDay Sun 15-Sep-13 16:20:03

I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for all you are going through.

Secretswitch Sun 15-Sep-13 16:23:38

I am sorry to all who have lost loved one's to cancer. My prayers will be with those fighting the disease.
My beloved MIL is battling breast cancer that has metastasized to her brain.
Love and hugs to all

marzipanned Sun 15-Sep-13 16:24:37

tunnocks, I hope you and your DH had a lovely lunch.

Being angry can't bring someone back but the motivation it gives can be a real force for good.

Lilyloo Sun 15-Sep-13 16:25:04

I am so sorry to hear your news , sending all the strength to your husband to fight this.
I lost my mum age 45 to a brain tumour and my friend 35 has just been given a terminal diagnosis so I will rage against cancer with you for both of them.

SpottyDottie Sun 15-Sep-13 16:26:38

So sorry to hear about all your loved ones affected by cancer.

My Dad has cancer, he had treatment and thought it had gone but it has come back. He is so cheerful but I am frightened. There's a big chunk of my life where he wasn't in it. We found each other again and have a lovely relationship.

I've lost other members to this bastard disease too, including my young cousin sad

rugbychick Sun 15-Sep-13 16:26:59

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm happy to rage against cancer. I've lost 2 grandparents (who I never met) to cancer, my darling step grandmother who fought to the end having had 3 different types of cancer, a dear friend and a good friends husband. I hate cancer

BishBashBoshBoo Sun 15-Sep-13 16:28:02

Cancer is a cunt.

mrspremise Sun 15-Sep-13 16:57:37

↑↑ this ↑↑ Cancer is an evil bastard angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now