Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

A FB friend of mine has just posted a sad face as their status.

(66 Posts)
kim147 Fri 13-Sep-13 23:33:50

AIBU to just ask them why they needed to do that instead of just saying what's wrong?

She's already had 4 "What's up, hun?" replies.

TalkativeJim Sat 14-Sep-13 11:58:04

Post 'Aww, what's up Visigoth?' Give her little brain something to work out, take her mind off all her troubles grin

murvanutta Sat 14-Sep-13 11:48:30

Oh I am one of these people.. I'll get my coat.. though I have "lists" so when i post a sad face after I've had a horrible therapy session, I custom it so just close family and friends see, so i get virtual hugs which help.. do I still need to get my coat?

treadheavily Sat 14-Sep-13 11:22:14

Oh I do love facebook threads.

smokinaces Sat 14-Sep-13 11:17:55

soured that just made me spit tea everywhere!!! So proud of her husband dressed up for a night out???!

ShellyBoobs Sat 14-Sep-13 10:58:48

I think it might be because Tony Benn is in hospital. She's very left wing.

Fucking hell.

That alone is reason enough to delete her (or whatever it is you do with people you don't want to know on facebollocks).

DizzyPurple Sat 14-Sep-13 10:41:35

You should have gone with the haemorrhoids line. Would have at least cheered up everyone else reading her status! Not too late..

kim147 Sat 14-Sep-13 10:31:40

Looks like a political friend of hers died. It's sad but why can't people just say it rather than just posting a sad face.

SarahAndFuck Sat 14-Sep-13 09:12:01

Is she Pandora from Adrian Mole?

I think she once had a crush on Tony Benn.

Tee2072 Sat 14-Sep-13 09:01:17

I usually hide people who do that. I can't be bothered to give into their neediness.

Souredstones Sat 14-Sep-13 08:57:34

I have a couple of offenders on my Facebook who do the 'I'm blessed' or 'I'll inbox you' things. Drives me reete mad it does.

As does the one, who I've now deleted, who posted a picture of her husband in the same corner as she takes photos of her kids in their uniform/every frikkin day within the label 'aww so proud of my gorgeous husband ready for a night out' WTF!!

softlysoftly Sat 14-Sep-13 08:35:53

"Would totes be there 4 u hunni! If I had a singular fucking clue what was wrong. On 2nd thoughts. .."

Ohhh apple pie! I wonder who was going to enjoy it , and how!

kim147 Sat 14-Sep-13 08:15:09

12 "What's up hun, here for you and hugs" type comments.

But still no reply. It could be so many things. Political, football or relationship related.

picnicbasketcase Sat 14-Sep-13 07:51:17

I'm trying not to wake DH laughing. Pippa Middleton made an apple pie. shockshockshockgringringringrin

ZingWantsCake Sat 14-Sep-13 00:33:05

it could be worse.

you could be informed by a friend that something extraordinary happened to another friend that can only be communicated face to face.
so you change your plans, arrange childcare and travel to your friends house half-excited, half-worried making up the most crazy&wild scenarios you can think of - only to be told that this Earth-shatteringly amazing piece of information is no other than the fact that Pippa Middleton made an apple pie.. confused angry

true story. (didn't happen to me, it was a distant friend)

usuallyright Sat 14-Sep-13 00:30:32

the sad faces are almost as annoying as the 'feeling blessed' posts. Almost, but not quite.

Oh god Riffy, I had exactly the same scenario with a cousin a while back, except I was the fool who expressed concern. In the promised PM there unfolded the heart-wrenching story of how a woman in a charity shop had been quite rude to her teenage daughter. Nowadays I periodically repost the "If you don't want to talk about it, don't post vague Facebook statuses fishing for people to ask what's wrong" meme to remind myself and others that I am a hard-faced cow.

Bogeyface Sat 14-Sep-13 00:22:14

Post the last line of Riffys post

GAH for God's sake woman, tell us all of it or don't tell us anything at all, you attention-seeking tit!

RiffyWammal Sat 14-Sep-13 00:17:36

One of my fb friends (an old schoolfriend who I never see in RL) posted a cryptic status this week, about what a heartbreaking week she'd had...I didn't feel I could ask for details as I don't know her well enough. Someone else asked 'what's wrong hun' and she replied with the inevitable 'I'll inbox you hun'. GAH for God's sake woman, tell us all of it or don't tell us anything at all, you attention-seeking tit!

HildaOgden Sat 14-Sep-13 00:11:39

A sad face because a politician she doesn't personally know is in hospital???

Ah God love her,she must have no life.

ZingWantsCake Sat 14-Sep-13 00:05:34

or you could post : shock hmm confused thanks ?wine ?brew ?biscuit ? cake ? tennis ?

★★★★
♣♣♣♣
~~~~~~
\
grin
//..\\

elcranko Sat 14-Sep-13 00:03:27

Irritating. Hide or delete.

kim147 Sat 14-Sep-13 00:02:16

smile

ZingWantsCake Sat 14-Sep-13 00:01:32

it's that drawing game!

answer:

/|\

ad the next person who posts

/\

wins!

sad
/|\
/\

YouTheCat Fri 13-Sep-13 23:58:59

Well that is fair enough and makes me sad.

Though not sad enough to post sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now