If I see the 'C' word anywhere but

(48 Posts)
LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 13-Sep-13 09:45:16

...it's dedicated topic, I will personally hunt the culprits down and chop their fingers orf.

Yes I am the thread police.

Yes I am grumpy and humbuggy.

No more turkey, tinsel or twinkly shit till December please. angry

BrokenSunglasses Fri 13-Sep-13 09:52:49

Why do people get so irate about this? I really don't get it, and you're not the first to start such a thread.

It's Christmas, it's supposed to be fun, but every year people turn it into this Thing That Must Not Be Spoken Of.

I get that we should live for now and not completely focus on something that is months away, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't think about it at all.

<prepares to be shot down in flames>

CeliaLytton Fri 13-Sep-13 09:53:45

CHRISTAMS!

CeliaLytton Fri 13-Sep-13 09:54:38

(Can't chop my fingers off for writing a nonsense word wink)

eatriskier Fri 13-Sep-13 10:31:02

I'm very disappointed there isn't a dedicated section for the 'c' word. I was getting excited grin

HotDogHotDogHotDiggityDog Fri 13-Sep-13 10:36:13

I was ready to defend the use of the word cunt, even after you wrote turkey in your OP.

I then saw tinsel and I realised you were on about Christmas.

I'm a tired cunt today!

TidyDancer Fri 13-Sep-13 10:38:05

The Christmas thread police are more annoying than the people posting about Christmas.

HavantGuard Fri 13-Sep-13 10:41:36

Agreed. Keep it where it belongs. It's September FFS. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas

Ooh the seasonal aisle in Tesco has it all going on I bought some Roast Turkey Pringles from B&M Bargains today. grin

HoneyDragon Fri 13-Sep-13 10:47:42

Tis the season to be planning fa la la la la la laaaa
Deck the threads with tales of shopping
Fa la la la la la la la laaaaa

HesterShaw Fri 13-Sep-13 10:48:43

But it's still fucking summer!

caramelwaffle Fri 13-Sep-13 10:51:30

Three payday's till Christmas.

Cunt cunt cunt.

I'm not going to miss out just because of your misleading thread title! grin

mrsjay Fri 13-Sep-13 11:07:12

High 5s I agree with you they are creeping in and it is making me twitchy so much angst and upset going on for a time that is supposed to be happy.

Nadienoo Fri 13-Sep-13 11:12:35

I hate it when this happens, my local coop has had selection boxes out for about 3 weeks now!! And they are selling the cadburys filled snowmen already... Is it just me or is it getting earlier..

There should be a ban on selling xmas stuff so early...

<runs to shop to get filled snowman>

FruOla Fri 13-Sep-13 11:14:45

eatriskier, as Havant has pointed out, and given a link, there is a dedicated topic. All the fans of getting organised early can natter away to their hearts content over there, without clogging up AIBU and Chat grin

Jan49 Fri 13-Sep-13 11:55:41

Personally I find it hard when people start talking about Christmas in real life months earlier because it's a time of year I hate, so I wish people would just talk about it in December instead of for about 5 months. I don't need to hear about people's Christmas shopping plans in September.

eatriskier Fri 13-Sep-13 11:58:19

fru a dedicated cunt topic?

FlapJackFlossie Fri 13-Sep-13 12:00:06

It's NOT effing Christmas - it's effing SEPTEMBER !

BlackeyedSusan Fri 13-Sep-13 12:02:49

butnow is the time to start spreading the cost of chrristmas....

mignonette Fri 13-Sep-13 12:05:00

Some people need to spread their buying out because it costs a lot for them.

and others (like me) just get excited. My DD is spending her second Christmas in her own home and it is lovely to see how excited she is about decorating and buying stocking gifts for her and her DP.

wanderings Fri 13-Sep-13 14:03:57

"Christmas has an H in it, Mr Baldrick. And an R, and an I, and an S. Also a T, an M, an A, and another S. Oh, and you've missed out the C at the beginning. Congratulations: you must be the first person to spell Christmas without getting any of the letters right at all!"

Merry Kweznuz, everyone!

Trills Fri 13-Sep-13 14:09:11

See that there report button? It works. Olivia is generally very good about it! smile

slapandpickle Fri 13-Sep-13 15:39:29

I cunting well love Christmas. sad

BuskersCat Fri 13-Sep-13 15:47:59

15 Saturday s to go till

CHRISTMAS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now