To think they are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing

(19 Posts)
twofalls Thu 12-Sep-13 22:34:05

Dds school (years 3-6) went to a fun day at leisure centre today. They did about 6 sports including swimming. We were asked to put spare underwear and uniform in their bags (they went in swimming costume and pe kit) There is uproar on fb tonight that some children came home with their pe kit on top of wet swimming shorts/costume. Lots if "i will be in that office tomorrow". Dd came home dry. I asked her about it and she said some chikdren couldn 't be bothered getting changed and they also run out of time. AIBU to think these children are old enough to sort themselves out and anyway they were only in wet stuff for half an hour or so and the parents should be grateful the school took them on such a lovely trip and that they should get a grip ?

Musicaltheatremum Thu 12-Sep-13 22:41:25

Oh dear, if only this were the only problem in my life. I'd be telling my kids they were stupid but not going to the school.

Amy106 Thu 12-Sep-13 22:42:41

At that age, I would think the children would old enough to sort this out for themselves. By the time they got out of the change room, it would have impossible for the teachers to know who had and had not changed properly. It is too bad that these parents are upset but they need to talk to their dc not the school.

pianodoodle Thu 12-Sep-13 22:43:20

What on earth are they going to say in the office?

"My child needs to be reminded to wear dry clothes"?!

picnicbasketcase Thu 12-Sep-13 22:45:23

Nursery or maybe even reception children - they'd need a bit more time and help.

Year 3-6 - really should be capable of getting themselves changed.

twofalls Thu 12-Sep-13 22:50:44

That is what I think. I had to sit on my hands to stop posting "get a bloody grip".

ghostspirit Thu 12-Sep-13 22:57:07

if it was me i'm not sure what i would do. i don't think i would have a go at the school i would maybe ask how much time the children have to get changed because my child came home in wet clothes.

I would also tell me child to make sure they dress as they should even if they are last they cant get left behinde...

I think it is an excellent lesson in consequences. Can't be arsed to change = wet arse. Beats Jolly Phonics any day.

That is bonkers

MidniteScribbler Fri 13-Sep-13 03:03:24

Good grief. Practically a rite of passage for aussie kids. Hot summer day, walking home in wet togs with soggy uniform over the top. Bonus points if you could go barefoot without being caught by a teacher.

CoolStoryBro Fri 13-Sep-13 03:53:47

I love school FB groups like that. They just seem to bring out their very own brand of bat shit crazy.

MammaTJ Fri 13-Sep-13 04:51:29

Funny!! They are going to look a lot bit daft in the office!

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 13-Sep-13 05:28:44

If your daughter had enough time then surely they all had enough time

twofalls Fri 13-Sep-13 07:28:58

I think some if the groups were later out, but really. Bat shit crazy is right. An going to make a point of thanking the teacher this morning because dd had a fab day.

And am going to avoid the office though. Will report back if anything kicks offwink

CitrusyOne Fri 13-Sep-13 07:36:09

Twofalls, you will make that teacher's day, I promise you.

shellbot Fri 13-Sep-13 09:20:58

This reminds me of my DS (8) who left his pants on under his swimming trunks. No idea why he thought it would be a good idea! He had to 'go commando' on the way home. grin

Editededition Fri 13-Sep-13 09:24:44

Think I just became a MrsTerryPratchett fan.

grin

twofalls Fri 13-Sep-13 14:39:37

One patent moaning thus morning got short shrift from the teacher. I didn't dare go to the office. But she appreciated my thanks!!

Good for you twofalls.

<twirls> for Editededition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now