To be furious that DH wants to give up work?

(76 Posts)
KittyKatkatKat Thu 12-Sep-13 18:25:34

Well am I? DH and I aren't short of a bob or two but FGS, he's just announced that he's giving up his job!
I'm pulling my hair out here. I've got such a nice lifestyle as a SAHM to my baby boy, have lots of friends and a Mum and sister who visit often. Actually, they practically live with me whilst hubby is away with work.
He's now giving up so that he can spend more time at home and I don't know what to say. His family are overbearing and he's going to be kicking around the house all day. AIBU? I'm in a real tizz about this sad

Norfolknway Thu 12-Sep-13 18:34:53

Hehe grin

TheVermiciousKnid Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:20

You sound very entitled, OP. I bet you expect him to treat you like a princess. hmm

diddl Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:20

"without having him loll oping about the place."

Don't you mean "about the palace(s)?"

Well at least you can still be a SAHM, & I'm sure Granny will find him something to do!

diddl Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:26

"without having him loll oping about the place."

Don't you mean "about the palace(s)?"

Well at least you can still be a SAHM, & I'm sure Granny will find him something to do!

Bowlersarm Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:28

I think a lesser known fact is that your DH has in effect been made redundant? Hasn't his unit been disbanded?

NonnoMum Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:33

Who's going to pay all the bills? Well, the tax payer of course!

And what did you do before you were a SAHM? I believe you were a NEET, were you not, pretty lady?

diddl Thu 12-Sep-13 18:36:45

Oops!blush

grin

Dubjackeen Thu 12-Sep-13 18:37:33

The house is big though, OP, so there should be plenty of room for all of you. grin

KittyKatkatKat Thu 12-Sep-13 18:37:38

bumble we can't get rid of the nanny <gasps>
I'm really really busy, my days are chockablock.
It's going to be dreadful.

d'oh! blush

As long as he is not living off the state I don't think there's anything anyone can object to.

Oh wait.

MammaTJ Thu 12-Sep-13 18:38:08

Could you find a part time role yourself, something like 'gaining world wide adoration'? That should keep you busy enough for him not to get under your feet.

Mehrida Thu 12-Sep-13 18:38:18

Encourage him to do something with the skills he's learned through work. So send him up a mountain or maybe he could take himself off to the shed to build airfix.

Get the GPs to look after DS.

Then invite bil round for some fun when the house is empty.

Swap him for his hot brother. He's got a proper job too.

Blissx Thu 12-Sep-13 18:38:55

I get it! Took me a while though!

LookingForwardToSalmon Thu 12-Sep-13 18:38:56

Yabu

Time to swap. Get your ass out to work so your hubby can have a nice lifestyle as a sahd and make lots of dad friends he can chill with.

Fairs fair

(Me and DH are taking it in turns grin)

Pollydon Thu 12-Sep-13 18:39:50

Plenty of time for him to walk the dog now. And play a bit of polo, perhaps ?

LookingForwardToSalmon Thu 12-Sep-13 18:39:55

Oh....

I am so slow today grin

(waves at the royal bastards)

A friends dh did this and just ended up smoking weed with all his mates round all day! Is this what your dh is planning do you think op?

I would be annoyed too.

Relate?

motherinferior Thu 12-Sep-13 18:41:41

Won't you be having more babies soon, though?

KittyKatkatKat Thu 12-Sep-13 18:42:07

bowler DH said that at first, he knew I'd go mad if he 'just gave it up' but the truth is, he could have any job there he likes. I think he's just jealous that whilst he is away with work, I'm at home with DS.

KittyKatkatKat Thu 12-Sep-13 18:43:40

merida BIL visits often already whilst hubby is away wink

YoureBeingADick Thu 12-Sep-13 18:44:29

grin

very good OP.

CoolStoryBro Thu 12-Sep-13 18:54:50

You know,OP, I was at the Job Centre the other day and I saw an advert you would be perfect for. It was called "The People's Princess" aka The Queen of Hearts. If I were you, if get my lippie on and go and apply.

It's just nice to get out the house, you know?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now