To think McDonalds are unreasonable?

(122 Posts)

I am at the burger restaurant with the toddler. We ordered the food and then I asked for a chilli dip and a curry dip.

Apparently I couldn't have this. I could have 2 chilli ones or 2 curry ones no more and no mix ups.

Why does it matter? Some people, rebels, like me like a mix and match dip. Some excitement and I have been robbed of that.

I will have to buy some shite in B&Ms I guess to even it out

picnicbasketcase Thu 12-Sep-13 12:51:45

There is clearly no blanket policy in this because I've asked for curry sauce before and was given about five. Pretty sure I've had some of each flavour before with no arguments too.

shock at Picnic. Maybe I look like the type who doesn't deserve a mix up

kim147 Thu 12-Sep-13 12:54:42

The last time I went to McDonalds, I got loads of BBQ dips. Because BBQ is the only dip that goes with nuggets.

DS insists on mayonnaise with his chips. (We went to Holland once and it stuck with him). He gets fussy if they give him salad cream.

IceBeing Thu 12-Sep-13 12:56:07

What a beautiful picture....sticky smear and all...

please see here for the official version...

I'm with him on the mayo.

Well ai can see B&Ms from here so once the toddler is done in play area we will go over.

There will be something in there

That's an outrage.
I was in last week and they let me have seven milks for my tea.

Tiredmumno1 Thu 12-Sep-13 12:58:00

I think they are U for stopping mustard dips sad

That is the actual dip I was using. grin

I wasn't happy that they replaced still Fanta with Oasis

DearPrudence Thu 12-Sep-13 13:00:30

BBQ is really all you need. Fussy beggar wink

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 12-Sep-13 13:01:32

Even worse is the filthy communal sauce dispensers. Urgh. It's the only place I use ketchup, and I refuse point blank to use those. There's always some arse letting their feral offspring play with those, mauling them, filthy.

picnicbasketcase Thu 12-Sep-13 13:07:24

Communal sauce dispensers? You hold a little pot under the spout, it's not revolting. They get cleaned often too.
Unless you've seen a grubby little ragamuffin with their mouth wrapped around the spout, pumping ketchup directly into their gob, you've probably got no need to worry.

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 12-Sep-13 13:10:56

Sadly, picnic, I have. And kids touching the spouts as well. Filthy.

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 12-Sep-13 13:11:38

Actually, he bent his head and licked it.

picnicbasketcase Thu 12-Sep-13 13:14:42

Eww. I take back my previous statement then. Yuck.

Snatchoo Thu 12-Sep-13 13:19:05

<sidenote> I want to join Twitter now so I can follow you SP.

And I am OUTRAGED on your behalf and will henceforth boycott McD's.

AWimbaWay Thu 12-Sep-13 13:20:31

You PAY for the dips shock. I always get a curry and a sweet and sour and have never had to pay, how much do they cost?

FatPenguin Thu 12-Sep-13 13:22:24

They are so stingy with the dips here it makes you wonder if they get taken out of their wages. I have ketchup and DH has curry sauce, we get 1 dip each. As if 1 dip is enough hmm bullshit. If I'm feeling daring I go back up and ask for dips as if I forgot.

SP - maybe channel your anger into an angry letter. At the very least they might send some vouchers for free ice cream sundae - result.

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 12-Sep-13 13:23:07

And when I told them, they just went over and gave it a wipe with a cloth. shock I had to rant at the manager. They then covered it up to be cleaned properly. I've never used one since, and never will.

OnTheBottomWithAWomensWeekly Thu 12-Sep-13 13:24:59

Where I am you get one with your nuggets an pay for any more. If you're buying them you get whatever you want.

I think McDonalds chappie was playing with you for fun. I used to work in one, the hours are long and the pay is shit, we used to do all kinds to amuse ourselves..

OnTheBottomWithAWomensWeekly Thu 12-Sep-13 13:26:26

I wish theyd bring bach honey mustard. They were awesome. I used to take pocketfuls home. grin

LeGavrOrf Thu 12-Sep-13 13:29:34

Haha at #mixyourdips

They have got a new spicy mayo dip at KFC. I asked for that once but they said no as I had to have the boneless dip box. I only wanted some chips but ended up ordering some chicken nuggets I didn't want just in order to get the spicy mayo.

Bastards.

FatPenguin That is what its like in that McDonalds. 1 dip a person!

I went to B&Ms and bought some Areo sheep and saw a woman been arrested in Asda for shop lifting so it wasn't all bad.

Mandy2003 Thu 12-Sep-13 15:54:08

I want mayo with my chips too. Definitely available in Holland and Belgium, probably everywhere else in the EU. Why not us Brits? It wouldn't cost them any extra would it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now