To just go out and not be in

(152 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Thu 12-Sep-13 10:23:37

I'm due to have my second baby next Tuesday. I have cracking SPD and haven't had more than 4 hours sleep a night for the last 2 weeks.
My GPIL have invited themselves (via a message left on our answering machine yesterday) to come and stay with us this weekend. Not with any altruistic intentions of helping out. No, it's because they will be driving home from holiday tomorrow and want to use our house as an overnight hotel rest stop.

It wouldn't be too bad except that they are very high maintenance and will expect a full bed and breakfast experience plus a naice trip to somewhere suitable on Saturday followed by a full lunch out and about in a naice tea room sort of place.

I really wanted DH, DS and I to just have a lovely family weekend as it's possibly the last one we will have with just DS.

The mobile number we have for them isn't working. Just beeps and cuts out. Have even double checked it with PIL. DH has sent the number a text saying to call him urgently.

WIBU to just go out to my mums for the whole of tomorrow so I am not at home when they try to just show up at some point in the afternoon? I'm a soft touch and will end up just letting them in if I'm here. They will be coming past about 1pm and DH won't get home from work til 6pm.

LadyFlumpalot Sat 21-Sep-13 22:56:02

Thank you all!

boschy Sat 21-Sep-13 22:40:26

how lovely, well done you and welcome to Emily Jane! hope she is letting you get some sleep now.

elcranko Sat 21-Sep-13 21:46:01

Congratulations! smile

dutchyoriginal Sat 21-Sep-13 20:23:34

Lovely name and congrats

caramelwaffle Sat 21-Sep-13 19:56:07

Lovely name.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 21-Sep-13 19:46:23

Congratulations, such a good job you had no visitors. Best thread update ever.

ouryve Sat 21-Sep-13 19:36:43

congratulations! fizzy wine and flowers

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Sat 21-Sep-13 19:31:34

Wow what a lovely update to this thread, and such a beautiful name! Enjoy the cuddles while they last as I am sure you know they don't stay small and cuddly for long! smile All the best smile

shoofly Sat 21-Sep-13 18:17:11

Lovely news xx Congratulations flowers

GobTheGoblin Sat 21-Sep-13 18:08:38

Aww congratulations, thanks

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 21-Sep-13 18:04:43

Just read latest grin

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 21-Sep-13 18:04:08

Yep, go out and don't give it another thought.

How lovely, congratulations! flowers
Thanks for the update. grin

AlistairSim Sat 21-Sep-13 17:50:30

Awwwww! smile

Congratulations! flowers

Tee2072 Sat 21-Sep-13 17:38:42

Congratulations and welcome Emily Jane! flowers

Lovely name. grin

Dubjackeen Sat 21-Sep-13 17:37:04

Well done and congrats on the birth of your lovely baby! flowers

LadyFlumpalot Sat 21-Sep-13 17:35:09

Thank you! It was very quick. 4 hours from first contraction to last push. Didn't get any latent phase at all, just nothing then BANG, one minute long, three minutes apart pains. Was already 9cm at first exam which was two hours after the first pain.

Good job we didn't have visitors, barely had time to get DS up and out before I was pushing!

Euphemia Sat 21-Sep-13 17:32:48

Aaaaw! Congratulations. smile flowers

ZingWantsCake Sat 21-Sep-13 17:25:59

I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations on the birth of lovely Emily Jane!thanks

hope you are doing well.

LadyFlumpalot Sat 21-Sep-13 17:23:24

My daughter arrived at 9:58am on Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I didn't get my homebirth as her waters wouldn't go and this was stopping provression. Ambulanced in, waters artificially ruptured and Emily Jane arrived three pushes later.

smile grin smile

MrsRoss26 Fri 13-Sep-13 11:22:21

Fab result! Good on GMIL. Have a great last few days as a family of 3 flumps

Retroformica Fri 13-Sep-13 07:11:27

Text them yourself. Ensure it is the right number but just no signal.

Say your SPD is particularly bad and you will be resting all weekend. Say you are very very sorry but you are needing o turn away all house guests. Laying low with all the family before the birth Tuesday.

Bogeyface Fri 13-Sep-13 01:48:20

I suspect that GMIL in law knew he was planning this, disagreed and then when she found out it was not on said "SEE?! I told you so!!!"

ZingWantsCake Thu 12-Sep-13 23:37:27

excellent progress, your GMIL was great!
aren't you happy that you listened to me chose to be direct about it?

better ending then you could imagine and all happy! hurrah!

I feel sorry for poor Papa now, I can only imagine the bollocking....ouch!
I live with enough males to say with confidence - just such a typical bloke! not thinking, whatsoever.

enjoy the pampering, you deserve it!brew cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now