To worry about the Judges attitude in Levelle Verdict.

(306 Posts)
daiseehope Tue 10-Sep-13 15:24:01

I believe I need to state that this man has been found not guilty of all charges etc. I am an abuse victim who is taking a case to court. AIBU as apparently the Judge stated to the Jury prior to deciding that the sic "manner and appearance of the alleged victim and how she appears to you is vital". I don't think that's right.hmm hmm

ZenGardener Fri 13-Sep-13 12:43:09

I think in the UK, when actors register with Equity they will only accept actors with a unique name. So, if there was already an actor called Michael Turner he would have no choice but to use a different name.

I have heard actors complaining about this before and having to use their middle name or mother's name for acting purposes.

I do get the point that someone who is an actor and used to performing in public may make a better court witness than someone who is not but I don't think it necessarily means anything. Some actors tend to over act and come across as insincere too.

I think Craig Charles, another Coronation Street actor was found not guilty of rape a few years back. It seems the producers are willing to move past these things.

SeaSickSal Fri 13-Sep-13 12:44:02

So when women change their name when they get married does it make them child molesters?

I work with several people who use their middle name not their first name are they all less trustworthy because of it? None of them are actors either.

Feminine Fri 13-Sep-13 14:14:06

grin and more sad that someone would actually spout such shit over an actor having to use a different name.

Its quite true. If there is an actor with yours -you change it. Equity law.

How one earth does that make one an abuser?

I had to change mine. I've done nothing dramatic since.

SubliminalMassaging Sat 14-Sep-13 04:03:08

If you are an Equity member you cannot have the same name as any other existing member. Fact. It has no bearing whatsoever on someone's character.

EnjoyEverySandwich Sat 14-Sep-13 12:38:25

Le Vell is his mother's maiden name I think. People often choose a family name if they have to change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now