to worry if I can use my phone when snuggling baby 6 days old?

(31 Posts)
riskit4abiskit Tue 10-Sep-13 00:09:57

Hello, perhaps a PFB alert, but I dont know if I should use my mobile when holding DS. Internet sites are split between those that say mobiles near babies are dangerous and those that say not.

DS is very windy and is sleep best propped up on me. Typing this mesage I am obviously on my phone.

Any scientific types out there that can reassure me one way or the other?

BuskersCat Tue 10-Sep-13 08:51:50

I stopped using mine over dds head when I dropped it on her face at a few weeks old.blush

Igloofornow Tue 10-Sep-13 08:56:16

I used to MN during night feeds in bed, I'm a heavy sleeper and CD loved feeding lying down so I figured if it kept me awake the Wi-Fi risk (if there is one) was less than the actual risk that I feel asleep and smothered her with my massive norks

LoreleisSecret Tue 10-Sep-13 09:10:07

Just dont drop the phone on baby ��
of course I have never done that, numerous times...with both children smile

riskit4abiskit Tue 10-Sep-13 09:12:52

Babyx, that's an interesting fact that I didn't know. I guess I am feeling rather reassured now thanks everyone. It seems to be compulsory at the moment to have a 4am panic of pfb-itis! I also keep checking he is breathing when he is in his basket (needs mad woman emoticon)

OnTheBottomWithAWomensWeekly Tue 10-Sep-13 09:19:44

I've heard it all now. Seriously? (not so much the OP, as I'll forgive it as post birth pfb madness, but the people actually saying you shouldn't)

Wi-fi "rays" aren't a thing, by the way.

OnTheBottomWithAWomensWeekly Tue 10-Sep-13 09:25:56

btw, you know your microwave is giving out 100,000 times the "radiation" as your wi-fi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now