To hate that bloody wowcher advert?

(45 Posts)
ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 15:45:57

When the woman is eating sushi with friends, but can't operate the chopsticks, so gives up, stabs the sushi roll with one chopstick and says 'wowcher' all smugly as her friends look adoringly on.

Fuck the fuck off will you?

They're chopsticks. Not that hard to use. Educate yourself.

Bah.

<miserable old bag emoticon>

RoyalMaybe Fri 26-Jun-15 17:51:47

"...Cawse I'm beach readaaay"

angry

ohidoliketobe Fri 26-Jun-15 17:28:32

I hate the wowcher adverts. The sushi one doesn't even make sense? Why would accompany that action with that phrase?! Can't stand the Secret Escapes ones either, who thought the concept of a woman ashamed of getting a bargain was a good idea?
There's two radio ones at the moment where I have to turn off the car radio. One's a weighwatchers one with Davina or a sound alike who is talking with her mouth full about all the "delish meals you can enjoy on ww" makes me nauseous. The other's as smart for 4 advert wuth an annoying couple discussing "Jess' gig this weekend". The guy's thinking of various excuses and the woman resolves all his issues with the car being perfect. then "oh I get it. Another important match on it here? Then you'll be all sulky when they lose". Bloody men and football eh.
They give me the rage

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 26-Jun-15 13:20:13

Don't care if it is a zombie thread - the wowcher ads are annoying.

I do like the man walking down the street to the "Dontcha" music though. Makes me laugh. Sorry. blush It may be because I am impressed with his "walking in heels" skills.

KatieScarlettreregged Fri 26-Jun-15 12:11:11

And as for that "Go Pro" toothbrush woman....

SunnyBaudelaire Fri 26-Jun-15 12:11:07

yy really annoying.

What about the one where a man has padded buttocks and minces down the street while Shazza Ozborne makes some comment?

sooooo fucking annoying.

Whathaveilost Fri 26-Jun-15 12:08:57

What will make you say Wowcher?

Guess their annoying adverts work

It's not making us buy the product though. If anything turning us away from it.

SirPercyPilkington Fri 26-Jun-15 12:08:03

Arse zombie

SirPercyPilkington Fri 26-Jun-15 12:07:37

Ugh that sushi bitch is annoying (Disclaimer: I know she's probably not a bitch!)
But my most hated ad was for toothpaste where the woman woke up and felt her teeth and said "They are squeaking clean"
Wtf. It's squeaky clean and also squeaky teeth are gross.

Gruntfuttock Fri 26-Jun-15 12:05:21

Zombie thread.

KatieScarlettreregged Fri 26-Jun-15 12:01:57

Nicole Shitsinger is on another one for acne treatment.
It goes something like this "break outs? I've BEEN there" all faux sympathetic stylee.
Just FTFO already and admit you're in it for the cash.

MooMaid Fri 26-Jun-15 11:57:29

I think the wahanda advert is pretty cheesy too..... They're all too 'much'

RedKite1985 Fri 26-Jun-15 11:42:45

What will make you say Wowcher?

Guess their annoying adverts work

free advertising

Theresaflyinmyhouse Fri 26-Jun-15 11:29:36

Anything with whispering makes me want to commit murder. Or loud toothbrushing. There's something so smug about loud whispering.

StockingFullOfCoal Fri 26-Jun-15 11:22:42

ziggie I saw asshat... Are you a Winchester girl?

susiekendal Fri 26-Jun-15 11:20:32

It's back on TV! Deeply offensive. Cannot STAND this advert.

elcranko Sun 08-Sep-13 10:36:56

I've thought of another I hate! Those 'cheeky boom boom' ads, they're on ITV1 a lot, possibly around Daybreak/Jezza Kyle/This Morning, not sure. I just notice them sometimes when the tv is on in the background.

The narrator asks the woman questions like 'are you sure that man was single?' 'are you sure you were really sick on Monday?' The woman then pulls a guilty looking face and some stupid voice over goes 'ooh cheeky boom boom!'

Glad my DH's golf clubs are locked in the shed or the tv would be getting it.

Snoot Sun 08-Sep-13 10:28:33

I hate the secret escapes ad, how smug us that woman? Also the wowcher sushi ad makes me cringe, that is such a rude thing to do and she's all pleased with herself, it makes me worried that young, western women are being seen in this way. Over thinking it, I know grin

PasswordProtected Sun 08-Sep-13 10:22:14

Agree with all of the above gripes - but I CAN use chopsticks.
As for Secret Escapes, I wonder how any of the UK hotels make a living at the prices they charge, plus you cannot book any of the international holidays as a single person, so a complete waste of time IMHO.

Lilacroses Sun 08-Sep-13 08:54:11

It is hideous. As is that appallingly acted one for MAA with the family on the sofa and the grandma who "amazes" them all by suddenly piping up about the money advisory service!

Nombrechanger Sun 08-Sep-13 08:50:30

So glad I'm not the only one that has no idea about that Persil ad.

elcranko - hasn't the friend borrowed the dress and got the mysterious stain on without asking? - she is trying to look innocent, i think...... god, i watch too many adverts

elcranko Sun 08-Sep-13 08:08:23

Aaaargh I LOATHE the secret escapes ads! So annoying, they make me want to punch my tv.

The only one I can think of that I hate even more is the washing powder advert (can't think which brand?) with the girl going on about her VINTAGE dress, while her mate looks bored/pissed off in the background. What's that all about? I don't actually understand the advert?

Celadorthepinksequineddragon Sun 08-Sep-13 07:37:49

The Nicole ShirtSwinger one is just wrong - muller yogurts aren't that exciting. Although I thought SP might defend herself grin.

I also hate the direct line advert because of the Stupid. Fucking. Tune.

CoffeeTea103 Sat 07-Sep-13 21:17:08

What about that PPI one,drives me nuts!

Misspixietrix Sat 07-Sep-13 20:11:30

YNBU as long as you equally detest the bloody secret escapes ad too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now