To not go on MIL's birthday day out?

(52 Posts)
HolaGuapo Sat 07-Sep-13 12:48:23

It's DP's mums birthday today. We're in the process of moving in together, we got our keys today so he's been moving everything in. I couldn't get the day off work so he's been doing it with his parents and my family.
I won't finish work till 6 and won't get home till 7, I've worked a 46 hour week and I'm 19 weeks pregnant. I'm exhausted.
His mum wants to go to the seaside tomorrow for her birthday. This will involve a 4 hour round trip and me being sat in the back squashed between DP and his sister. He won't take us in his own car as he doesn't want to pay the petrol money. I'm so uncomfortable sat down for a long period of time and I just want to spend my only day off this week sorting our new apartment out and unpacking everything. I don't want to spend it in a car for 4 hours and then having to listen to his mum and sister talk incessantly about the baby all day. AIBU to stay at home? He says I'm being rude and ungrateful.

TempusFuckit Sun 08-Sep-13 19:13:22

So did you go OP? And if so, how?

Retroformica Sun 08-Sep-13 20:47:41

I would tell your mil you feel exhausted and rough. Ask if you could treat her to a special meal another day to say thank you and happy birthday instead. I'd talk directly to her any bypass DH. He has no idea what it's like to be preggers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now