Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wonder where my DD learnt to say this?

(36 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Sat 07-Sep-13 11:20:22

"Shut up"

She is 22mo and keeps saying it to her baby doll when she pushes her round in the buggy.

Ive tried to encourage her to say "shhhh there there" or similar and clearly its a doll but I really dont like that she has learnt this expression.

I honestly dont know where its come from. Am I being PFB to not want "shut up" said to my child?

FrigginRexManningDay Sat 07-Sep-13 14:28:09

Pml @ love you bastard.

Reminds me of the eldest calling my sister a bitch. Its not a word we use in my family so no idea where it came from. Or my second and her love of proclaiming Fucking hell. Most notably when she was in my mums looking outside and remarked Its raining and there's my washing out. Fucking hell.

GoingUpInTheWorld Sat 07-Sep-13 14:32:10

Threemyselfandi

I ve just been laughing out loud at "love you too bastard"

Hehe

Antidote Sat 07-Sep-13 14:32:52

We have "sit down" and "right now" delivered in very authoritative tones from DS (2.11). I suspect peppa pig (hopefully not pre school)

ThreeMyselfAndI Sat 07-Sep-13 14:35:49

It took alot to keep my straight un amused face, dh had to walk out the room laughing

ThreeMyselfAndI Sat 07-Sep-13 14:40:58

It took alot to keep my straight un amused face, dh had to walk out the room laughing

cfc Sat 07-Sep-13 16:00:35

I Am proper loling here!

Bearandcub Sat 07-Sep-13 16:06:49

Are you sure it isn't sit up?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sat 07-Sep-13 16:13:50

I clicked on the thread expecting to see the words 'cunty balls'.

AnyaKnowIt Sat 07-Sep-13 16:22:09

my 2 year old likes to walk round waving 'bye take care, fuckers'

have no idea where she had got it fromblush

StickyFloor Sat 07-Sep-13 16:34:54

Have tears streaming down my face at "love you too bastard" and 'bye take care, fuckers'

When I regain the power of speech I am off to tell dh so we can adopt these fabulous new expressions.

Sorry OP

candycoatedwaterdrops Sat 07-Sep-13 17:12:04

"Have tears streaming down my face at "love you too bastard" and 'bye take care, fuckers'"

Me too! grin Cheered up a crappy afternoon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now