To not quite understand the rules ?

(13 Posts)
thatisall Sat 07-Sep-13 13:24:31

I've updated and it's the thread about xp finances.
So now I've resurrected an old thread and started a thread about a thread an used lol as punctuation!
It's all going on.....lol ;-p

gamerchick Sat 07-Sep-13 13:15:33

As far as I'm concerned if it's your own thread you can bump it up at any point. Probably better if you're updating.

Pagwatch Sat 07-Sep-13 13:11:39

If its an update then that's fine

The 'thread about a thread' etiquette is mostly to stop the situation where someone starts a separate thread rather than commenting on an existing one just to be a sneaky fucker or to try and start a bun fight.

MardyBra Sat 07-Sep-13 13:08:09

If it's a genuine update I think you should be fine. And anyway who cares if you piss someone off?

AmberLeaf Sat 07-Sep-13 13:07:59

If it is your thread, then update it and don.t worry.

I find the 'zombie thread' pedants tiresome.

Nagoo Sat 07-Sep-13 13:07:41

agree about the lol

Nagoo Sat 07-Sep-13 13:05:25

If it's your thread I can't see why anyone would have a problem.

Id start a new thread with a link to the old one smile

MardyBra Sat 07-Sep-13 13:05:21

I think there's an unwritten rule about not using lol as punctuation. wink

If a thread hasn't been posted on for more than a few weeks, it's usually better to start a new one, unless there is a specific reason for updating. ,

DoJo Sat 07-Sep-13 13:03:45

And the missing word there was 'mods'.

DoJo Sat 07-Sep-13 13:02:26

Perhaps ask the to change the title so it's clear there's an update?

AgentZigzag Sat 07-Sep-13 11:27:04

Should have said IMO, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about either so long as posters are playing nicely.

AgentZigzag Sat 07-Sep-13 11:26:00

Loosely, thread about a thread is OK if it's a genuine offshoot of a thread you're on but you don't want to derail/hijack, not OK if it's being shitty about something someone said on a thread or you're having a go because you've lost the argument and need people to say you're right grin

Updates on a thread you've started yourself are always welcomed.

thatisall Sat 07-Sep-13 11:18:59

What exactly are the rules when it comes to posting a thread about a thread or bringing an old thread back from the dead?
I kinda want up do an update but I'm not sure which will anger the mumsnet gods the most lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now