To moan about licky fingered sales assistant?

(88 Posts)
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 06-Sep-13 22:07:13

Ok....I have some issues around cleanliness which border on OCD but I don't believe I have full on OCD as I beleive that to be very debilitating.

ANyway....went to Sainsbos today...assistant A saw me standing waiting to pay...there was a lot of stuff on her till area due to a mix up and another shop assistant B was sorting it. While we waited, assistant A in preparation for serving me, licked her fingers repeatedly and absent mindedly....she was probably thinking about grabbing me a plastic bag.

Which I didn't need. I have a rucksack.

Anyway...I was inwardly cringing at her licky display then it was time to pay...I approached fast...hoping to stall her licking with "It's ok...I have my own bag!" but too late!

She slurped, grabbed and offered the bag...."Would you like a bag?"

I said, "No thank you, I have one." And she fucking LICKED HER FINGERS AGAIN FOR GOOD MEASURE ANYWAY!

then she picked up my milk carton by the neck and began putting things through with her saliva covered digits.

AIBU to send a polite note to Sainsbury's Head Office naming no names but asking them to please tell their cashiers not to slobber on their hands whilst serving?

YABU. Use the self-service checkouts and alcohol hand gel if you find actual human beings too germ-ridden for your tastes.

The spit on your milk bottle will go down a treat with all he cow pus in the actual milk! Mmm!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 09-Sep-13 10:41:21

Oh don't be silly Mackerel. Cow's milk is cleaned/pasteurized whatever....the spit of the cashier is not.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 09-Sep-13 10:41:53

Plus cows don't drink, smoke or do other nasty things with their mouths...I'd rather cow spit than human! All they do is eat grass!

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 09-Sep-13 10:50:43

Cows do shit a lot though.

grin

lljkk Mon 09-Sep-13 10:58:49

Snurk, cows eat grass that other cows have just crapped on.

Actually most dairy cows eat mostly grain and hay nowadays. Which has plenty of insect body parts in it. And insect poo. Lovely!!

Don't go touching the trolley and basket handles, OP.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 09-Sep-13 13:05:03

But cows don't lick my handles!!

ZeroTolerance Mon 09-Sep-13 13:17:18

In American supermarkets they have cleaning wipes next to the trollies for you to scrub off the previous pusher's germs.

I love that grin

I used to work at Pets At Home when I was a teenager - the non-licky trick is to hold the two long bits that become the handles and pull your hands away from each other. It stretches the top just enough that the inside of the bag appears and then you can open it.

I'm not explaining it very well but if you imagine an H - pull the 'prongs' away from each other so it vaguely becomes a V - it works.

Thisvehicleisreversing Mon 09-Sep-13 14:22:47

I work in a shop and would never put my hands anywhere near my mouth while at work. Everything I handle is filthy. The money, the floor when I have to kneel down stacking shelves, raw meats, split cartons etc.

The first thing I do when I finish my shift is wash my hands. Twice.

As a customer I'd hate to see a checkout person lick their fingers to open my bags.

But assistants have to put up with customers licking their fingers to get their money out, licking fingers to help slide out cash cards, putting cards in their mouth, handing over money that's got bits of snotty tissue attached, letting their babies suck on things before handing them over to scan, coughing into the hand with the money in, or even coughing or sneezing in your face.

Fucking grim all round.

MadeOfStarDust Mon 09-Sep-13 14:32:49

Oh cheers Thisvehicleisreversing ,

I start a new job ..... in a shop...... tomorrow.

MrsLouisTheroux Mon 09-Sep-13 14:41:39

Just thinking of all the men who unload the produce and stack the shelves who forget to wash their hands after going for a wee... and all the money that's been in the front pocket of jeans all day and...

soorploom Mon 09-Sep-13 15:00:40

licky fingers yeuch
waiting in queue to buy ice creams and noticed that chap dispensing cones was licking fingers between scoops. that and the zillions of wasps buzzing around the cart made me want to throw up.

Canidae Mon 09-Sep-13 15:53:27

If everyone brought their own bags when shopping then she woudn't need to open any plastic ones. grin

I work in sainsburys and some staff bring with them a little damp sponge but it isn't provided. I may mention this thread to my manager tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now