Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to consider a fussy diet as a big against for a potential new love

(303 Posts)
glitternanny Fri 06-Sep-13 21:56:36

and I mean seriously restricted 2:

Proteins, one carbohydrate and the same lunch everyday.

CharityFunDay Fri 06-Sep-13 21:58:36

What's the reason for her/her particularness?

YmightBbeingU

CharityFunDay Fri 06-Sep-13 21:58:51

*his/her, obv

Go on, provide details! Is it a meat-and-potatoes diet? What's the one lunch?

Tbh, I think YANBU- I love my food, dislike almost nothing and I think it would grate if lots of restaurants were off the cards because of trying to accommodate an unadventurous eater. Let alone trying to cook for one.

lagertops Fri 06-Sep-13 22:01:15

My man's diet consists of all day breakfasts and macaroni.

Run.

SaucyJack Fri 06-Sep-13 22:02:28

It would put me off.

I want a man I can have adventures and fight the world with.

Not one who sits there crying because the peas are touching the carrots.

DameFanny Fri 06-Sep-13 22:03:18

I'd swerve that just for the sake of not having to share a loo with someone on such a stinky diet...

Mintyy Fri 06-Sep-13 22:03:42

Need a few more details but generally speaking it would put me off enormously!

It just seems so horribly immature ...

mawbroon Fri 06-Sep-13 22:03:48

Hmm, depends.

expatinscotland Fri 06-Sep-13 22:04:11

Swerve.

Jessicarthorse Fri 06-Sep-13 22:04:43

YANBU. Fussy eaters bore me rigid.

Alconleigh Fri 06-Sep-13 22:04:47

I'm with SaucyJack (-what a fabulous thing to type!); people who are frightened of food are frightened of life.

absentmindeddooooodles Fri 06-Sep-13 22:05:01

Id have to run away. Im a real foodie and a reluctance to even try anything new would be a huge no no.

ENormaSnob Fri 06-Sep-13 22:05:17

Yanbu

JollyGolightly Fri 06-Sep-13 22:05:23

This would drive me absolutely round the bend. I once had a boyfriend who did not like dry white wine or spicy food, and that was bad enough.

MrsFionaCharming Fri 06-Sep-13 22:05:43

I dated a very fussy eater. She was amazing in many ways, but the fact we couldn't share meals drove me nuts. I couldn't face eating plain pasta all the time! I also found it pretty embarrassing going out with her, or eating with other family and friends because it seemed to come across rudely...

Gretagumbo Fri 06-Sep-13 22:08:59

Meh probably an obsessional control freak. Mate dated one like this and he spent mealtimes criticising her choice & weight. Run.

wannabestressfree Fri 06-Sep-13 22:09:19

My dp constantly avoids carbs. He lives on salads and looks at me over a raised eyebrow as I trough my chips (I have to eat very white, carb heavy, stodgy foods....
In fact we are the jack spratt and his wife of the carb world.....

My last BF was a very fussy eater, it didn't bother me but that was because it was a LDR and we didn't live together.
We're not together anymore, but he is so much better with food now anyway, and will try anything. (We're great friends)
Food is everything to me, I love to cook and eat, the more unusual the better, so yes, it would be a deal breaker for me.

NoelHeadbands Fri 06-Sep-13 22:10:10

I want a man I can have adventures and fight the world with.

Not one who sits there crying because the peas are touching the carrots.

HAHAHAHAHAHA grin

pictish Fri 06-Sep-13 22:10:48

Yanbu. Iy wouldn't bother some people, but is one of those things that would put me off.

OnTheBottomWithAWomensWeekly Fri 06-Sep-13 22:10:55

not be the wild, spontaneous type, is he?

NoelHeadbands Fri 06-Sep-13 22:13:00

I agree, total turn off.

I used to occasionally fantasise about a friends DH, until she described one day how he'd pick every bit of onion out of a spag bol. l

BestestBrownies Fri 06-Sep-13 22:14:40

Get rid. Life is too short

CharityFunDay Fri 06-Sep-13 22:17:38

It's the OP's very specific food-group description that makes me think she MBU.

Is the partner a health-freak of some sort? (Apols if that sounds dismissive, but I know when I've been on a health kick -- in the dim and distant past -- I have adopted some quite strict diets).

If so, surely they are entitled to look after themselves in a way they see fit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now