AIBU to think Clarks shoes shouldn't have caused blister?

(28 Posts)
Jellybeanz1 Fri 06-Sep-13 15:42:29

I picked my daughter up from school only to have to go straight to the chemist and buy blister plasters as her new shoes had caused a sore at the back of her heel. I feel annoyed as I thought queuing for the fitting and paying extra avoided that. I put leather stretcher spray on them and sent her in with a packet of plasters and some comfy socks and will wait to see what happens today. I feel annoyed but they were the only black shoes she had for her new school. Will it settle down or should I get them changed (groan 1/2 hour journey and Saturday gone sad)

phantomnamechanger Fri 06-Sep-13 18:56:18

I have had this and went back, they did not quibble at all, in fact the more experienced lady I saw was really quite annoyed that someone else had "fitted" them so badly - DDs foot was bleeding in 2 places, the style was not suitable for her high arches and one foot was a full half size bigger than the other which had not been mentioned at all

that's a problem with having young inexperienced holiday staff

Jellybeanz1 Fri 06-Sep-13 19:09:36

I only put the leather stretcher spray on the back of the heel after the blister was caused, in the hope of softening the leather at that one point. I'm not sure it worked as you are supposed to put them in wooden shoe inserts after (but I didn't have any). I suppose I wanted to feel I was doing something but they don't actually feel any softer.

ILikeBirds Fri 06-Sep-13 19:33:51

Every pair of shoes i've ever had has given me blisters but assuming your dd doesn't normally get blisters i'd take them back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now