That you should of helped

(247 Posts)
bongobaby Fri 06-Sep-13 14:08:31

Was running 10 minutes late past school pick up time and rang my friend to ask if it would be okay
If my dc could stop at her house til I got there to collect him from her house. She said no,she was going out and couldn't, fair enough.
Anyway I got to the school and no sign if him, I got held up at a hospital appointment that over ran when it shouldn't of as it was at 1.50 pm so plenty of time I thought to get back.
I got a call a disgruntled call from my friend to say that dc had turned up at her house.
Turns out that her husband opened the door and wouldn't let my dc in as he thought that I had sent my dc round there and then her husband said that my friend was out. But my dc heard her from the kitchen talking.
My dc asked if he could get her to ring me and tell me that he was there.
I know that I was in the wrong for not being there on time , but I would never do that to a child who had the good sense to go to a friend for help in this situation.

CadleCrap Sat 07-Sep-13 07:12:41

pmsl @ irony klaxon and grammar buzzer and the beetle in the loo.

Give DS a key OP.

Buddhagirl Sat 07-Sep-13 07:10:49

Should have. Now I didn't know that sad /thread jack

Listentomum Sat 07-Sep-13 06:53:54

She pmd me too Alex.

LinghamStyle that did make me laugh, if it had happened to me, I'd have died. Died I tell you. grin

Thanks for the pm Cushtie you're a proper charmer aren't you?

Address your 'problem' with me on the thread or not at all, bitchy, sly, malicious digs via the pm system make you look even worse.
Your advice was neither "sympathetic" nor "understanding" especially when juxtaposed with your hasty attempt to shred the op's grammar.

I see others have received similar, I think maybe you need to examine your own behaviour in the context of this thread.

Sorry MNHQ, just defending myself from a personal attack.

LinghamStyle Sat 07-Sep-13 01:08:31

Wrong thread! Sorry! blush

LinghamStyle Sat 07-Sep-13 01:07:27

I was just having a pee and a giant black beetle took a run at me!

HaroldLloyd Sat 07-Sep-13 00:13:58

Music your life sounds more exciting than mine, I'd probably be taking the chance to clean the toilet.

HappyYoni Sat 07-Sep-13 00:07:15

Blimey and I thought the bullying thread got heated!

usualsuspect Sat 07-Sep-13 00:02:59

He wasn't told not to.

musicismylife Fri 06-Sep-13 23:55:53

If your friend's children were at after-school club, friend was most likely naked (which is why your child was told she was out) sprawled on table, waiting for hubby and then your child rocks up (even though he had been told not to) and puts a dampener on their five minutes of passion.

I'd be fuming.

musicismylife Fri 06-Sep-13 23:40:09

Sorry, OP, not read all of thread but who do you have down as emergency contact for the school? If it's friend, yanbu, if t isn't friend, you are.

musicismylife Fri 06-Sep-13 23:32:53

Sorry, OP, not read all of thread but who do you have down as emergency contact for the school? If it's friend, yanbu, if t isn't friend, you are.

Listentomum Fri 06-Sep-13 23:27:37

Looks like chushti has left us already. Must have been a bridge dweller

HaroldLloyd Fri 06-Sep-13 23:25:07

Blimey that's a bit bonkers.

AvonCallingBarksdale Fri 06-Sep-13 23:21:25

Gordon Bennett!

Hullygully Fri 06-Sep-13 23:20:54

what the fuck is aoll this shit?

Is everyoen two?

Listentomum Fri 06-Sep-13 23:18:11

"Fuck off you sad cunt" by pm from Cushti....that's lovely, you must be so proud of your self!

Listentomum Fri 06-Sep-13 23:13:28

"Add message | Report | Message poster noelstudios Fri 06-Sep-13 22:56:42
I read this for the grammar. Why keep getting it wrong"

That's pretty nasty

ArgyMargy Fri 06-Sep-13 23:10:18

So OP is happy to come and moan about being corrected for her grammar, but doesn't answer the key questions about all the holes in her story...

Notmadeofrib Fri 06-Sep-13 23:09:04

exactly and I have no life grin

HaroldLloyd Fri 06-Sep-13 23:09:03

I opened this to see how many people corrected the grammar. It was a good turn out today.

usualsuspect Fri 06-Sep-13 23:06:43

I read this for pissing about on the internet.

Notmadeofrib Fri 06-Sep-13 23:02:41

bully for you noel

usualsuspect Fri 06-Sep-13 22:59:55

Who cares, it's a chat forum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now