to think that you shouldn't have 8 children if you are incapable of controlling them?

(84 Posts)
froken Fri 06-Sep-13 09:52:49

I have just watched an episode of in tge night garden where Mr and Mrs pontypine ( sp?) take their 8 children fora walk. Mr and Mrs pontypine were kissing snogging behind a rock. Their children climbed a tree and wouldn't come down.

Mr and Mrs pontypine had to go home without tge children ( again)

Aibu to think that maybe they should have stopped at 2 as they seem to have trouble controlling 8 children and have had to abandon them on multiple occasions? ;)

Bunnygotwhacked Mon 09-Sep-13 20:51:43

As to what they are feeding them it's runny grobbles every night so that CB/CTC certainly isn't going on their food, whilst ponty mum and dad get those ice cream sundae looking things Jamie Oliver should get round there sharpish and sort them out before they all end up like the hahoos

Pagwatch Mon 09-Sep-13 19:44:53

I am one of eight.
We just ran feral.i still do sometimes.
<runs in feral way>

SPBisResisting Mon 09-Sep-13 19:42:46

Possibly but would you understand the high pitched babble you got in response?

ZingWantsCake Sun 08-Sep-13 22:15:30

thanks join

I get it now! grin

has anyone asked them yet whether they have heard of condoms?

JoinYourPlayfellows Sun 08-Sep-13 21:56:57

Aw, don't feel uncomfortable sad

It's just a silly thread taking the piss out of people who say those kinds of things smile

Enjoy your family. I couldn't manage 6, never mind 8. Even the thought of that many pregnancies is shock, but we're all different.

If you want 2 more children, I hope you get to have them and enjoy them smile

But if you do, I think it would be best if you and your DH didn't let them run wild while you were snogging behind a rock grin

ZingWantsCake Sun 08-Sep-13 21:50:31

we have 6 children and I find them impossible difficult to control.
I still want two more.

I know it's meant to be a funny thread but it made me feel uncomfortable....sad

Thepowerof3 Sun 08-Sep-13 21:01:15

They only seem to feed those kids junk as well, scum

monkeybuts Sun 08-Sep-13 20:47:50

....how come the tombliboos never have their fucking trousers on...and no one bats an eyelid? Reckon they are all in some drug endured hallucination, myself.

MNHubbie Sun 08-Sep-13 20:17:45

Not guilty of being yours... I think.

The live action Ben 10 also shows the reason Ben is so badass is because his granddad was the 6 Million Dollar Man.

SPBisResisting Fri 06-Sep-13 19:08:22

ah the days of innocence

froken Fri 06-Sep-13 19:03:24

I hadn't thought that maybe the children were octuplets, good point, obviously couldn't have stopped at 2 in that case.

Dsis and ds watched an episode of in the night garden at bedtime, the story was about kissing things so they grow, upsy daisy kissed a flower and it grew, then she kissed a tree and it grew, then she kissed iggle piggle..

As a side note my ds is called elf, he does also have a proper name which means elf but we call him elf, I'm glad the world is in need of elves smile

SPBisResisting Fri 06-Sep-13 19:00:55

Ben 10 rarely wears his clothes for long though. 2 minutes in and they are neatly folded, in an M&S carrier bag, while he becomes....HEATBLAST

spg1983 Fri 06-Sep-13 18:50:06

Well I would like to know exactly Mr and Mrs Pontipine have been feeding their children - they all have chronic wind problems...

Pachacuti Fri 06-Sep-13 18:36:43

DollyTwat -- if you watch the live action Ben 10 movie Ben 10: Race Against Time it tackles both those questions. Ben's parents are ineffectual hippie types who are faintly appalled that Ben is spending so much time hanging around with Grandpa Max but believe that he has to be allowed to self-actualize, or something along those lines. And Ben tells Gwen that that's his lucky shirt so he insists on wearing it whenever possible, with scant regard paid to laundry.

LadyRainicorn Fri 06-Sep-13 18:29:24

Oh thank fuck for that. Mnhubbie is not my dh (unless the profile is a complete subterfuge). I was having s serious wibble on the tr a in home then.

Back on topic - why does dereck jacobi sound so horrified when he goes oh no it's the ninky nonk? He sounds like someone is shitting on his favourite chair.

DollyTwat Fri 06-Sep-13 18:24:40

Totally agree op. I've also wondered about Ben 10's parents letting Grandpa Max take their young son out to be nearly killed on a daily basis by aliens. He's worn the same clothes for the whole if the trip and would be in need of some counselling due to his daily traumas

LadyRainicorn Fri 06-Sep-13 18:23:54

Mnhubbie please don't be my dh.

He has exactly the same theory.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 06-Sep-13 18:11:49

What about the Pontipines making their children carry their heavy table so they can have tea in the ninkynonk! Surely that needs reporting to SS.

MiaowTheCat Fri 06-Sep-13 18:08:07

Dh works in a team of blokes who've all got kids of a similar age to dd1, so toddler or there abouts.

The number of hours they've devoted to analysing and discussing itng to levels you normally get in very earnest book club levels is highly worrying.

SamHamwidge Fri 06-Sep-13 17:20:25

MakkaPakka has a serious case of ocd doesn't he? All that vigorous face washing and putting stones into nice little piles. He even sleeps with a stone!

CHJR Fri 06-Sep-13 16:49:17

X post furfoxsake!

CHJR Fri 06-Sep-13 16:48:20

I wanna know how Mr and Mrs Pontypine apparently managed to keep up a kissing relationship with 8 DC around!!!! Mine won't even let me talk to DH sometimes!

furfoxsake Fri 06-Sep-13 16:48:09

I'm impressed they still FEEL like snogging behind a rock with 8 toddlers (am assuming toddlers due to language skills). The horny little imps.

JoinYourPlayfellows Fri 06-Sep-13 16:46:58

They should be called the Wankifers.

There's something not quite right about that lot.

QueenArseClangers Fri 06-Sep-13 16:41:31

My lovely mother was convinced the Wottingers were named the 'Wankifers'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now