to set up a mini kitchen in my bedroom?

(67 Posts)
StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 22:45:36

i'm thinking of the colder months coming in. I normally end my nights huddled under a blanket in the living room clutching a mug of tea and fending the dog off my packet of biscuits. for the past few years my bedroom just hasn't been a welcoming comfortable room due to me having moved a couple of times and never really properly unpacking everything or adding any personal touches to it. but now i'm getting all that sorted and making it really homely and was thinking this evening how nice it would be in the winter months to have a kettle in the room so I could slurp tea in bed all evening. and then I thought, well I could keep a wee biscuit tin up there aswell and get a minifridge for milk and some cheese and water. but am I now verging on the social recluse end of the scale? i'm single and already have a cat? is it too late for me? grin

MadBusLady Fri 06-Sep-13 11:31:30

My parents put a little tea tray in their guest room with a travel kettle, bottled water, teabags, mug, naice biscuits etc. And a small amount of milk will keep in a jug overnight without needing a fridge - fridges can be noisy.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 06-Sep-13 11:43:52

Get a Remoska. MIL cooks a whole Sunday dinner for one in hers.

StephenFrySaidSo Fri 06-Sep-13 12:39:06

grin

thanks for all the encouragement- I actually fell asleep last night thinking about all the wonderful appliances I could buy and where they will go in my room. blush

morloth I so agree with you- whenever I see an older person doing something I don't understand or think is silly I remind myself that they have been on this earth 20/30/40 years longer than I have so possibly have a bit more clue about what works and what doesn't than I have.

dimsum123 Fri 06-Sep-13 12:52:05

What a good idea! I will be setting up a kitchen in my bedroom as soon as I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

StephenFrySaidSo Fri 06-Sep-13 21:27:20

ok well it's no teasmaid but this evening I put my jammies on at 6pm, boiled the kettle, filled my flask and loaded it plus tea bags, spoon, milk, mug, laptop, phone and a packet of biscuits on to a tray and have ever since been working on deepening the ass print on my mattress while avoiding the football watching Friday night tv. and it has been rather enjoyable I must say grin

Every night my DH brings me a nightcap and a snackerel in bed.
Sometimes the nightcap is a bottle of wine and the snackerel is a curry.

With poppadoms.

StephenFrySaidSo Fri 06-Sep-13 21:43:01

grin

I think the MNers with lovely DHs should be contractually obligated to loan them out to less fortunate MNers with no lovely DHs once a week. for snack bringing purposes only of course!grin

Monty27 Fri 06-Sep-13 21:45:27

I've been beaten to it, but I was going to say use the kitchen as a bedroom grin

Yup, you can borrow DH, he is an HEROIC snorer and grumpy all this week because of a board meeting and possibly loves the dogs more than he loves me.

He is VERY scared of talking to strangers, so if you could dress up as a Yorkshire terrier that would make it easier on the poor love. grin

StephenFrySaidSo Fri 06-Sep-13 22:37:48

grin

ok I just want the snacks really- i'm not into dressing up as a dog for strange men! but you know, whatever floats your boat wink grin

grin

cake

I asked for a teasmaid last Christmas. Dh got me one as he instantly saw how this would benefit him too.

I use a pint mug. Sorry DH grin

StuntGirl Fri 06-Sep-13 22:42:52
Shosha1 Fri 06-Sep-13 22:53:30

Stuntgirl.

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

When DH works nights, I could come home from work, collect up kindle, dogs and laptop and retire straight to bed smile

Catsize Sat 07-Sep-13 20:45:45

That is hilarious, the Amaon link. But for me, it has to be tea in the morning but not for the last four months as am pregnant and can't think of anything much worse. Also wondering if I should contact teasmaid people and claim some hefty commission.grin

FastWindow Sat 07-Sep-13 20:57:02

nork I love this new word snackerel!

I'm 38+4 and cheese and toast (AND not ON mind) and a cuppa in bed every night is what I am brought by my dh.

I did once have a full Sunday pub roast on a tray whilst in the bath. I did live above the pub though.

SomethingOnce Sat 07-Sep-13 21:01:31

Breakfast Station! Amazing - tea and toast would suffice, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now