Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to set up a mini kitchen in my bedroom?

(67 Posts)
StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 22:45:36

i'm thinking of the colder months coming in. I normally end my nights huddled under a blanket in the living room clutching a mug of tea and fending the dog off my packet of biscuits. for the past few years my bedroom just hasn't been a welcoming comfortable room due to me having moved a couple of times and never really properly unpacking everything or adding any personal touches to it. but now i'm getting all that sorted and making it really homely and was thinking this evening how nice it would be in the winter months to have a kettle in the room so I could slurp tea in bed all evening. and then I thought, well I could keep a wee biscuit tin up there aswell and get a minifridge for milk and some cheese and water. but am I now verging on the social recluse end of the scale? i'm single and already have a cat? is it too late for me? grin

RubyRR Thu 05-Sep-13 23:26:20

Beware of a fridge that hums, otherwise I love your plan!

StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 23:27:01

grin you are on my wavelength Freudian.

i'm going to post a photo some Saturday evening of a semi clothed woman in bed surrounded by a laptop, tv remote, take away food containers, biscuits, teacups and a cat (not in a slipper) and you will all know 'she did it- she achieved the dream' grin

NoelHeadbands Thu 05-Sep-13 23:28:19

grin

StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 23:28:34

ah but then i'd have to get the sky wired through to the kitchen aswell skye grin

StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 23:29:15

hummy fridge- will watch out for that. how will I know beforehand if it's a hummy one or not?

sydlexic Thu 05-Sep-13 23:31:59

Sounds like my MIL, the bedside cabinet is full of biscuits. She is 83 though.

RustyBear Thu 05-Sep-13 23:32:32

DH bought me one of these when he started working away from home during the week and couldn't bring me my early morning cup of coffee anymore - which he had done almost every day for more than 30 years. I have milk in a Thermos but I've been thinking about getting a mini fridge for the bedroom, if I can find one that's really quiet.

StephenFrySaidSo Thu 05-Sep-13 23:39:38

right, i'm off to my boring fridgeless bedroom now. the dream shall remain a dream for the time being. night all. brew grin

When I stayed at the mner grockles house she had a cattle in her room :-D

Kettle even

ABaconAndOnionTart Fri 06-Sep-13 00:31:44

Cattle? That would be really fresh milk!

Insomniastrikesagain Fri 06-Sep-13 02:49:10

LOVE this idea! You've got to do it now!

Buddhagirl Fri 06-Sep-13 08:11:50

Mini bedroom kitchen is the dream.

I will suggest to grockle she gets cattle...she has hens

TeaAddict235 Fri 06-Sep-13 10:33:25

respect StephenFry, respect x

MonstersDontCry Fri 06-Sep-13 10:35:34

Just move your bed into the kitchen. grin much easier.

Morloth Fri 06-Sep-13 10:42:45

All that stuff that really old people do that you think is just silly?

Well as you get older, it all starts to make sense.

You know why old people do stuff like this? Because they are old and wise, they have learned.

RustyBear Fri 06-Sep-13 10:54:44

Giraffes - not in the bedroom I hope! Or do they provide the breakfast egg?

We used to have one of those tiny hotel fridges in the shed for beers etc in the garden. Then we moved it to our bedroom and had white wine, beers and chocolate and water in it. It was bloody bliss of a summers evening, as our bedroom is in the loft and I am too lazy to walk down 2 flights of stairs to get a drink.

Then it broke.

I really miss it.

Szeli Fri 06-Sep-13 11:04:33

We did this when DS was born for night feeds and it made things much easier plus I'm scared of the dark

Doooo it!

Lovecat Fri 06-Sep-13 11:07:59

This. This is what you need =D There was one at my last temping job, we were all a bit scared of it, so I don't know if it actually works, but it made nice toast.

Your plan sounds like utter bliss to me.

Lovecat Fri 06-Sep-13 11:08:23

grin I meant, not =D <spends too much time on FB>

Sounds lovely
Go for it and enjoy

theyoniwayisnorthwards Fri 06-Sep-13 11:26:54

That is a genius plan. Were it not for thrill-seeking toddler I would have a bed-kitchen.

Mojavewonderer Fri 06-Sep-13 11:28:09

Hmm that's given me an idea what to ask for my birthday next month! A teas maid it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now