To have smiled sweetly and said nothing to this school bully

(516 Posts)
DrinkFromMyFountain Thu 05-Sep-13 14:55:44

14 years ago I left school. There was one girl who made my life hell, said a load of nasty things about me and told me I would never amount to anything. She also said I'd end up single and Childless at 30 working in a shop. (NB I see nothing wrong with this, but it was meant in a horrible, nasty, put downy way). This was amongst various other things she said and did to try to make my life a misery.

This morning I took my car to the car wash and saw her working there washing cars.

I ordered my car wash for my naice car with my baby DS in the back and said "fancy seeing you here". She made a grimace of a face and carried on with her work.

Karma you beauty.

zukiecat Mon 06-Apr-15 16:07:07

Slightly different to the stories on here, but I was bullied horrendously by various groups of girls at secondary school.

One of them lived in the same street as me, and our parents still live there, and one day I was walking to get the bus home when this particular girl approached me. I started to feel like that terrified young schoolgirl again, but she totally flummoxed me by giving me a heartfelt apology for all the years of torment.

I accepted without a second thought, and admired her for it.

Pagwatch Mon 06-Apr-15 10:31:51

Just start a new thread.
Someone posted a reply to getorf who hasn't been on here for ages.

I was enjoying seeing some posters I haven't seen about for ages before I realised it was an other zombie thread

flukeshot Mon 06-Apr-15 10:26:16

Me too Pretty!! grinconfused

PrettyLittleMitty Mon 06-Apr-15 08:05:44

Fucking hell, just spent far too long reading 21 pages of this and it's 2 years old shock

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Mon 06-Apr-15 06:07:38

It's good to be weird smile

Fwiw I don't see anyone slating people for working in a shop. Some of you have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick.

I've seen some of the bitches and tossers since I left school. Not long after I left one of them used to stop me regularly for a chat like we were old mates or something. Far from it in fact. At school she loved to torment me and generally make my life hell. It gave me great pleasure to give her one word answers and leave her standing. Why the Fuck should I have been all pally with her, she was a bitch. If I saw her now I'd ignore her.

And I'm no goddess but some of them have not aged well and look like life's been tough for them. Ha! fucking ha!!

Subliminal speaks a lot of sense on this thread.

Namechanged101 Mon 06-Apr-15 04:37:46

Well I'm really fucking weird then Pagwatch

Really fucking weird

scribblescrabble Mon 06-Apr-15 03:00:01

Why is it 'really fucking weird' Pagwatch? Someone has obviously done a search on bullies and has just added to the thread!

Pagwatch Mon 06-Apr-15 02:38:05

Resurrecting this thread from two years ago is fucking weird.

Really fucking weird.

Aussiemum78 Mon 06-Apr-15 02:37:24

My mum was at a party once, with the snobby mum of a guy who bullied me. Snobby mum made a point of saying loudly how wonderful her son was. Mum kept quiet.

Then she got a phone call from the police to collect her son.

Priceless.

GrinAndTonic Mon 06-Apr-15 02:32:37

I had a shit childhood and I wasn't a bully. I was the victim.
No sympathy for bullies here.

The Queen Bee at my school (model, rich family, biggest bitch on the planet, aunt was a teacher at the school too) was cheating on her fiancé with the neighbour for years. She came back from her honeymoon (husband was the ignorant fiancé) to find out that her house had burned down, the whole town knew about her affair and her husband then left her on the spot.

Haha.

PatrickStarxx Mon 06-Apr-15 02:04:03

This thread has made me realise how nasty some of the posters are on here.
I work in a shop. It pays the bills and puts food into my children's bellies.

Now it's got me wondering if people look down on me confused

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 06-Apr-15 01:35:18

Because it makes the person in question sound like an arse?

MadgeFinn Mon 06-Apr-15 00:33:13

Nobody should look down on someone because they work in a shop or a car wash or a factory or whatever but realistically a lot of people do. They might not even be aware of it but I do know that people who are deemed to be sucessful with good jobs get treated differently.
I think anyone who had been bullied relentlessly for years would take satisfaction if they saw the bully doing a job that didn't require many qualifications. Why pretend otherwise.

ShakesBootyFlabWobbles Mon 06-Apr-15 00:18:50

That is a good outcome LeGavr after a horrific time.

maliaki Mon 06-Apr-15 00:06:35

My bully was an adult who had a good 30 years on me, I'm past being angry (an terrified) now though if I saw him I think the anxiety would come back. I used to fantasise ll the time about the different ways fate or karma or vengeance could be have. Never happened though. At the time, I would have loved to see him get his, now I only care enough not to ever see him again.

ihatelego Sun 05-Apr-15 20:42:16

this thread has reminded me of the bitch that told me i'd ruined my life when i got pregnant and she'd see me on jeremy kyle in the future.. just you wait... (btw to add to the list of people mildly offended why does getting pregnant young mean they've failed and you can gloat about it.. does it mean they've ruined their life? as is pointed out you never know home situations..)

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 05-Apr-15 17:43:04

I don't think that reaction is "only human". Feeling pity yes, actually being cheerful that someone is a homeless drug addict, no.

Failedspinster Sun 05-Apr-15 17:34:36

My DH was attacked every day of school by someone who, years later, ended up homeless and addicted to drugs. It was only human that he should feel actually quite cheerful when this guy asked him for change.

Bizarrely, one of my bullies ended up as a human rights lawyer and sought me out online to apologise for how she had treated me at school. Her apology, then and now, meant a great deal to me and it can't have been easy for her to make either. I totally respect that.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 05-Apr-15 17:28:33

This is an old thread I know, I remember it the first time round, when I also found it distasteful.

I was bullied at school and as an adult don't give a shit what the people who bullied me are up to. I'm not even a particularly forgiving person. I'm not the same person I was at school and presume the same is true for them.

It seems a bit odd to crow that someone you don't like is a "failure" who who "only" works in a shop when most of you saying that would argue to the hilt that working in a shop is a perfectly fine job.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 05-Apr-15 16:32:28

Pwahhahaha more fool for her, good on you smile

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 05-Apr-15 16:32:25

Car wash not car park

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 05-Apr-15 16:30:46

I could have written your post OP. Now before I go any further a job is a job. No shame in working in a car park but in your case I think you're entitled to make an exception, bet she thought she was going to be a bank manager. Talked about getting her eye wiped, but like I sAid a jobs a job. There's no shame in earning an honest living.
There was a girl in my senior school who made my life there a nightmare.
She would say I'm fat and ugly and would never have a boy friend. I would fail all my GCSEs. I would be on the dole all my life.
Well I got 5 GCSEs. Never been short of male attention, and I've never stepped foot in the job centre. Let alone claimed anything off them. Now again I'm not putting people down that have or are doing. Unemployment can happen to anyone myself included. However
......A round a year ago who did I see walking out of the job centre while I was with my d.p. None other than her . The bitch who'd put me down said I'd be nothing. I said hi............... . She said I don't recognise you.
I said oh I recognise you though. Karmas great isn't she!.
I walked off feeling very pleased with myself.
Enjoy your wallow OP. Everyone Is allowed one that was certainly yours.

Sierraspider Sun 05-Apr-15 15:51:07

See its strange, because I was so badly bullied at school by a group of people and in particular one girl was nasty. She was the ring leader. We are talking I would be spat on, beaten the crap out of, my hair cut and my things taken and broke on most school days.

I was bullied so bad as a teenager I tried to take my own life. I recently found out both her parents died in a fire not so long ago and she is now a stripper/ drug addict workung in a seedy club and looks very ill indeed. You think ide be happy karma seems to of truly got her for those years of hell she put me through - but I kind of feel sorry for her.

Namechanged101 Sun 05-Apr-15 13:32:20

Sorry to resurrect this thread but had my 'moment' on Friday walked past a girl who used to put me down for being fat/ugly/stupid all through secondary she sneered at me-not seen her since we were 16...cue her looking a good 10 years older and a lot larger than she was- Im now tall and slim(ish) and looking pretty ok. Shame we didn't stop to chat so I could tell her how this 'moron' is now in a very interesting job and about to start a masters smile

Thistledew Sun 08-Sep-13 18:39:29

I met the ringleader of the people who bullied me at school at our 10 year reunion. I had a fabulous time chatting away and getting on well with a completely different group of people than I used to associate with but be excluded by at school.

When I went to the bar, I saw my ex-bully sitting quietly and not really engaging with anyone other than her date- a complete contrast to her queen bee persona at school. I said hello to her, and we had a brief conversation. She seemed to genuinely not recognise me at first and was shocked when she worked it out. She told me that in fact she had had a miserable time at the school she had attended after she left ours. I thought to myself "that was probably because you were a pretty vile person at the time". I didn't say it though, because she was the sort of nasty person to put someone else down, not me. TBH, I really didn't give a stuff either way, although I appreciated the irony for a moment, particularly as she didn't seem to be inclined to offer me an apology or any recognition of her own behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now