To be sat in McDonalds 2 hours after I vowed to eat healthily and lose weight?

(85 Posts)

My will power obviously is super shit. I'm sat here with a double cheese burger and some chips but a drink if Oasis so I'm trying grin

I blame the toddler. He saw McDonalds and asked if we could go. It is dinner time seen as he had breakfast at half 5!

I shall vow to eat healthily and lose weight after this I guess.

He is nearly four and has been acting like he has been painting years. I told him I have been painting with his grandad since his age and he just laughed and said "oh, but not good like me" and strutted off.

So tempted to paint a line down his face.

Beastofburden Mon 02-Sep-13 14:44:12

he he

catinabox Mon 02-Sep-13 15:02:11

I think you have got very good intentions and I really admire that OP. smile

(i find if you go through the drive through and have something from the saver menu and no one is looking, it doesn't count - HTH for the future)

No car for the drive thru but I guess I could skip through grin

I just don't want to put more weight on. At 4 foot 11.5 any new weight is noticeable quickly.

manticlimactic Mon 02-Sep-13 15:13:14

There's a McDonalds on the exit to my gyms car park. My willpower is tested every time I leave the gym. <cries>

Doshusallie Mon 02-Sep-13 15:14:06

You can get salads in Maccy ds [ducks]

Fuck salads. They ain't got no place in McDs

WorraLiberty Mon 02-Sep-13 16:15:09

I'm feeling pathetically happy today grin

Last week I said to DH that I really fancy cod, chips and mushy peas from the chippy but that it's so expensive now, it'd cost about £28.

Then I saw a sign on the front of the chippy saying that today and tomorrow, everything is half price! shock

So that's me stuffing my face for 48hrs grin

Good luck with the no smoking btw SP thanks

WorraLiberty Mon 02-Sep-13 16:16:03

That's £28 for the 4 of us

Not just for me...honest! blush

Stock up while its half price!

£28?! shock

I'm glad its just me and the toddler. Only costs price of a bag of chips and a sausage to share. Now I want a mars bar fritter!

PoppyWearer Mon 02-Sep-13 16:18:45

SPs FWIW I used to go to my WW. Meeting every Tuesday lunchtime and then head to Burger King for a Whopper (no fries) to get my junk food fix.

I figured it gave me a whole week to be better ready for the scales the next week.

I did lose weight! grin

grin

I used to go swimming but then we would pop into the Chinese on the way home!

classifiedinformation Mon 02-Sep-13 17:06:02

I am fasting today and just reading about burgers and fries is making me dribble....really need a Big Mac right now!

Took the kids to McDonalds for an ice cream earlier and managed not give into temptation. God knows how I managed that though, but I do feel rather pleased with myself even though I will probably eat lots of chocolate tomorrow. grin

PivotPIVOT Mon 02-Sep-13 18:04:25

I'm West Yorkshire too, where is this heaven on earth you speak of?

Its in Leeds Pivot

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 02-Sep-13 18:16:11

YABU for not having a big mac.

They are too big for me!

I've only just upgraded from a happy meal!

I have been to the toilet a few times now. Foes that happen to other after a McDs? Feel like I have lost a few pounds now grin

Wingit Mon 02-Sep-13 18:27:21

Big Mac's too big??? WTAF?

I have a large big mac meal with milk and a chicken burger as well oh and sweet and sour sauce and sweet curry sauce. Every time.

That's about once every 3 - 6 months though as there isn't one anywhere near close to where I live or shop. Or I'd be a house side

juneybean Mon 02-Sep-13 18:44:30

I want a big mac now sad

SunshineMMum Mon 02-Sep-13 18:45:45

grin It's those dastardly kids!

I've never been able to eat alot but since stopping smoking in always eating

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 02-Sep-13 18:50:25

My guilty pleasure meal is a big mac, large fries and 6 chicken nuggets. blush

I cant eat that much. I haven't eaten since the Mcdonalds as fills me.

well just had some haribos

manicinsomniac Mon 02-Sep-13 19:09:25

Maybe if you had some help with smoking rather than going cold turkey you would be able to manage it without overeating instead?

I know what you mean about being short and weight - I swear I can tell if I gain even a pound!

Am I the only one who'd rather smoke than gain weight then?! (if I had to that is, I don't want to smoke, just see it as the lesser of two evils!)

Therealamandaclarke Mon 02-Sep-13 19:14:52

Have you read Allen Carr's "easy way" stopping smoking for women without signing weight?

I'm always banging on about him. I quit smoking about six years ago, just after I got married and I'm currently lighter than on my wedding day. Easy peasy. Honest!

Bloody love the spicy bean deli wrap and a mocha drink thingy. Always with chips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now