Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to just want a night's complete sleep without one of them fucking waking us up

(136 Posts)
hooochycoo Mon 02-Sep-13 04:46:46

We have a four year old and a one year old, not a night passes without one of them waking up and waking the rest of us up. Why oh why can the pair of them not understand that bedtime is for sleeping? so utterly sick to death of it.

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 02-Sep-13 04:48:51

YANBU

Sorry to hear it. Hope things improve for you.

BonaDrag Mon 02-Sep-13 05:00:58

I know how you feel. I hear it gets better...

Doubtfuldaphne Mon 02-Sep-13 05:02:28

You're not alone sad

JollyGolightly Mon 02-Sep-13 05:07:15

I hear you. I'm currently rocking a pram in the kitchen to get the 1yo to go back to sleep. Was in to the toddler earlier, who'd been sick through coughing. A normal night here.

BonaDrag Mon 02-Sep-13 05:15:02

DD has just gone back to sleep.
In my bed.
Lying horizontally.

angry

CharityFunDay Mon 02-Sep-13 05:21:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HeyUGuys Mon 02-Sep-13 05:32:50

Morning grin me too!

I'm on the other side of the world, nearly 10pm, 22mo DD still fucking pratting around. DS (nearly 5) has only gone down because I put him in our bed.

And yes DD will definitely get me up several times in the night. If she does her miraculous sleep-through-once-every-three-months thing, DS will break his usually impeccable sleep for that night only

Fucking kids

2children2cats Mon 02-Sep-13 06:02:37

I feel your pain but... We had 1 night of decent sleep this week and I felt fucking shocking in the morning!

sleepywombat Mon 02-Sep-13 06:05:29

Its because its a drop in the ocean 2children2cats. Your body realised what its been missing & wants more.

wintersdawn Mon 02-Sep-13 06:42:49

that's so true it's like the rare occasion that both of mine sleep till 7 I always wake with a splitting headache sad

YADNBU. Ours were the same until about a month ago. The first two nights that they both started to sleep through, DH got up in the night for a wee, bastard angryangryangry

PrincessKildare Mon 02-Sep-13 07:01:00

Im so glad its not just me. I had a full nights sleep on Friday cos the OH got up with the boys andon Friday morning i felt shockin. it wasnt worth it.

LovesBeingOnHoliday Mon 02-Sep-13 07:02:26

5 and 2 here and it's no better sad I'm back at work today and had tge worst night of all the holidays

scrivette Mon 02-Sep-13 07:04:35

I feel your pain. The two year old had a good sleep (didn't wake up until 4am) but the dog woke me up three times instead.

I have 5, 3 and 10 months. They have daily meetings to ensure I don't get too much.. Last three nights have been awful hmm and dh away now till late Wednesday hmmhmm

I'm so tired I hurt

GnuYork Mon 02-Sep-13 07:07:35

2 year old and 1 month old here. Oh god this is going to go on for years isn't it? Toddler actually woke more times than the baby last night.

GnuYork Mon 02-Sep-13 07:07:35

2 year old and 1 month old here. Oh god this is going to go on for years isn't it? Toddler actually woke more times than the baby last night.

I find myself fantasising about a single bed in a hotel room, white sheets, no tv, no noise, no interruptions

I haven't had a good night's sleep for over 4 years. It sucks. But I hear it gets better smile

Suddengeekgirl Mon 02-Sep-13 07:09:09

Snap!
Ds is mostly ok, but dd can have me up 3x a night, she's 2.5yo FFS!hmm

TheFowlAndThePussycat Mon 02-Sep-13 07:10:20

Mine are 6 & 4 and we probably get 3 unbroken nights per week. So that's progress to some extent right....?

Last night dd2 woke up screaming like a banshee, we, assuming there was a burglar or a fire happening, dashed to her side. The actual reason? Itchy bottom. <weeps silently> <rocks>

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-Sep-13 07:13:49

And then one day like a switch going on you can't get them out of bed shock.
No answers just to say you will survive I did - just.

Christmasberry Mon 02-Sep-13 07:16:05

7 years ago was the last time I had full night ...

ElleBelly Mon 02-Sep-13 07:20:03

Feel your pain, grim night here again, just 4 year old keeps coming through with increasingly BULLSHIT excuses and 3 month old going through some hideous sleep regression and up seemingly hourly. I look like worzel gummidge.
Apparently it'll get better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now