To think men's private parts are not a turn on to look at

(76 Posts)
Caramelbutthorn Mon 02-Sep-13 01:02:46

Hi all,

I've signed up to 'plenty of fish'. Aka 'plenty of freaks'.

I was chatting to a guy who seemed nice so we started up chat via text. Anyway out of the blue he sends me a pic of his semi erect bits. shockblush

Aibu to not be at all impressed or turned on by this? Why do guys think girls want to see that? Maybe it's just me.

meditrina Mon 02-Sep-13 09:14:55

I don't think 'size' put down should be used, when you are complaining of taste and appropriateness.

It's his action in thinking that sending is a good idea that's the problem. Not the appearance of other parts of his anatomy.

Oh good god is this what it's like on the dating scene these days?

Men's bits are very untidy and not the sort of thing you want 'popping up' on your mobile phone. sad

ArtisanLentilWeaver Mon 02-Sep-13 09:16:32

at least it gives you a chance to scrutinise said willy for disease, thrush, bits of toilet paper and the like. smile

yanbu unless he wrote next weeks winning lottery numbers on it.

Buzzardbird Mon 02-Sep-13 09:20:52

I would just text back "on well, never mind" and leave it at that.

they can be a turn on to look at but context is everything

agree that ridiculing size is the wrong way to respond

Buzzardbird Mon 02-Sep-13 09:24:37

How about "oh, I didn't know you knew Walter Matthau?" ?

CatAmongThePigeons Mon 02-Sep-13 09:29:03

I find penises not very attractive to look at, not on their own at least. I prefer a muscular body and a nice face to see before we get to the cock.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind sending pictures of body parts, maybe I am getting old?

Tryharder Mon 02-Sep-13 09:34:02

I disagree that men's genitals are noa turn on when viewing them in the context of about to have sex (iykwim)

But, I would not be impressed if a man I had never met sent me a photo of his. It wouldn't make me want to meet him.

I have been with DH for over 10 years and he has never once sent me a photo of his dick. Perhaps it is we who are abnormal!

grin

Emz8369 Mon 02-Sep-13 09:59:18

YANBU

Blatherskite Mon 02-Sep-13 10:08:42

Do you have a really good male friend who could take a matching photo for you and send it as a reply?

The thought of his face when he receives it...grin

LessMissAbs Mon 02-Sep-13 10:09:40

This is a really strange thing to do, to someone you barely know. I guess the picture senders in question do it to shortcut the normal chat up lines to see if someone will be cheap enough to shag them without the normal hassle of getting to know them through dating or even conversation. I also assume there must be a few women out there who respond positively, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Its a whole little world all of its own. Thankfully one that I will never be part of.

HairyGrotter Mon 02-Sep-13 10:10:09

I met DP by OD, and neither of us exchanged nudey photos, however, prior to meeting him, I got a shit tonne of awful looking cocks sent to me, all without asking for them confused...one looked so painful it actually made my eyes water.

I've no idea what it is meant to achieve...however, I love the look of my DP's genitals, but in context wink

Latara Mon 02-Sep-13 10:17:46

YANBU, pictures of men's genitals are definitely NOT a turn on.

Maybe i'm just tired of seeing men's privates after yesterday at work trying to cover up several patients' willies - why do certain men think it's ok to show them off to nurses in hospital?

I put the sheets back on to cover them up, turn round and the sheet's 'fallen off' again fgs...

Latara Mon 02-Sep-13 10:37:24

As for Online Dating, well I've signed up to Match and i'm beginning to worry after OP's and other people's experiences, hope I don't get any photos like that!

CockyFox Mon 02-Sep-13 10:42:08

I like to look at DHs in the flesh. I would be a bit freaked out by receiving a picture of a random one. Equally I would never send a pic of my bits to a man.

They aren't very attractive......neither are lady bits tbh, 'squashed hedgehog' springs to mind, bit of a design flaw imo hmm

YANBU btw, ask him if he's lost something and offer to cobble togethersome lost and found posters with pictures of his lost willy and his details wink

Writerwannabe83 Mon 02-Sep-13 10:48:25

These are the guys to avoid!!

I once had one guy on POF message me and ask if he could wrap me in tin foil and have sex with me?! Wtf?

I did however meet my DH through POF and I'm happy to say that the first time I saw his genitals was on our 7th date wink

I like looking at his bits grin

PrincessFlirtyPants Mon 02-Sep-13 10:50:41

Was there any text that came with it? Was there flirting beforehand?

I don't find penises particularly attractive. I don't mind DH's but if I seen someone else's I would probably scream (yes, very childish I know)

PrincessFlirtyPants Mon 02-Sep-13 10:51:44

Writer in tin foil?! WTF?! Are the men on these sites really this weird?

CarpeVinum Mon 02-Sep-13 10:58:11

If it were a case of no pre chat (would you like to see my willy ? Oh yes please! ) isn't randomly sending a picture of your fluffy bits to any unsuspecting person ... basically a digital form of flashing ?

Beastofburden Mon 02-Sep-13 10:58:19

Lame. He should be texting you a photo of the nice beach / restaurant/ country walk he proposes for your next date.

But a very useful way to filter out the people you wouldnt want to get involved with.

I would text back saying, "thanks for totally ruling yourself out"

Writerwannabe83 Mon 02-Sep-13 10:58:50

Yes Princess, I would say that at least 50% of them are fruit cakes!! Apparently he collected robots and thought if he wrapped me in tin foil it would make me look like one.... hmm

Clawdy Mon 02-Sep-13 11:00:23

Conversation at coffee morning last week:
Friend 1 : Sam (three years old) has started saying "Look at my willy!" I keep saying "I'd much rather look at your nice face."
Friend 2 : Well,that's a fair comment on men in general,isn't it?!
Laughter...and we all agreed.

StormyBrid Mon 02-Sep-13 11:01:00

DP's knob in pretty knickers I could look at all day. A random stranger's? Eww, no thanks! Have never been able to understand why some blokes think sending pictures of their bits to all and sundry will get them laid.

badtime Mon 02-Sep-13 11:11:44

I read an article a while back that was interesting (although I can't remember where or by whom). It suggested that the cock picture is sometimes an end in itself. The man is not trying to turn the lady on, he is just going 'Look! I have a penis! I like my penis!'

I actually find that quite plausible with some of the chaps who've sent me pictures of their old chap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now