Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To have a little bit of a SQUEE even though everyone's in bed?

(31 Posts)

I had a good old scream on Facebook, but everyone's in bed. And I can't really phone anyone up, because, in bed. But it was really ever so exciting, sitting there clicking the links and they were going 'Live... Live... Download now... Click here to download.'

And it was a lot more of a Moment than I thought it would be, really. It's been a tiresome week, what with having cellulitis and stressing about the mess the house is in, and I'd almost forgotten, but not quite.
My book is out, and someone, somewhere, might already have bought it and be reading it. And it might be someone I don't even know.

Wonderstuff Tue 03-Sep-13 21:49:51

Congratulations flowers

Congratulating you SGB!

angry that I can't download it but the Kindle I use actually belongs to the school I work for and I reckon I might be facing a child protection related disciplinary if I did.... grin

Oh shit. I must have looked at that a million times and not spotted it. I will ask them (though I rather think they will go Oh dear, really? and do nothing about it...) but thanks for telling me.

Can't sit on my hands... Can you ask your publisher to update the synopsis "Rosa's has tried" as it may put people off buying
Congratulations btw

And if it was one of you that posted that nice review on Amazon, thanks thanks

AnyFucker Sat 31-Aug-13 10:02:02

Congratulations, SGB grin

MoreThanWords Sat 31-Aug-13 10:00:31

Congratulations!! About to download on my Kindle too grin

Tries to sit on hands and not mention typo in first line of synopsis

OPeaches Sat 31-Aug-13 09:54:03

Swinging dominatrix Morris dancing author?

I'm intrigued. Going to buy it for my kindle grin

LookingThroughTheFog Sat 31-Aug-13 09:52:27

Congratulations, Brass!

Congrats! If I was a proper published author I'd be squeeing nonstop.

PollyPlummer Sat 31-Aug-13 09:29:09

Congratulations.

changeforthebetter Sat 31-Aug-13 09:26:31

Wow! Impressed SGB!

A rude book by someone who doesn't hold or condone misogynistic views smile I've read a couple of supposed erotic lit books for women and they were awful - demeaning and debasing hmm

Dackyduddles Sat 31-Aug-13 09:21:47

Ooooh can I say I now know a famous author? Well done. Am well jel.

Hissy Sat 31-Aug-13 09:18:17

Huge congrats Solid! Bloody well done!

Squee away! You deserve to!

Well done! Have you got a physical copy yet? How exciting. I will buy a copy too. Are you really a Morris dancer? grin

prissyenglisharriviste Sat 31-Aug-13 04:08:42

Yes, it will. But if you get too shocked, remember she's also a morris dancer. I find that helps to balance the scary grin

Congrats sgb!

I am going to read your book and put some reality to your kick ass persona. I am a big prude though, will it shock me.

thanks congratulations

MusicalEndorphins Sat 31-Aug-13 03:46:04

CONGRATULATIONS!

You are a published author! thanks

spamm Sat 31-Aug-13 03:40:17

I am in the US and I would normally use my kindle, but happy to read it on my iPad (yes, I am a gadget nerd!).

Well done, SGB - I am so impressed. You are right to feel proud!

Spamm, whereabouts are you? I did find a link to the Australian site if that's any good and there may be a link to US-friendly downloads.

And Wanda and SS grin thanks for buying. I really should get some sleep now (but am actually probably going to go and squeal on Twitter as well...)

No.... will sleeeeeeeep....

Secretswitch Sat 31-Aug-13 03:27:38

Wheeee...I'm getting it for my kindle! I need some fantasy escape in my life!
Thank you for your support SGB...that domestic violence has happened to my lovely 14 year old daughter is more soul rending than I can say.

PoppyWearer Sat 31-Aug-13 03:27:24

Squeeeeeee as much as you like! Well done you!!!

spamm Sat 31-Aug-13 03:26:12

Agghghhhhhh - I can't buy it, as it is available "only to UK customers".

I would love to read it!

WandaDoff Sat 31-Aug-13 03:15:48

I have just purchased the kindle edition.

I shall let you know what I think once I've read it.

I'm looking forward to the 'rude' bits grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now