to ask for nominations for "most irritating song ever"?

(182 Posts)
SPBisResisting Fri 30-Aug-13 15:01:49

I nominate Bjork's "It's oh so quiet"
In between the yappy dog impressions and the big band music you get her spitting all over you.
Why would anyone listen to that for pleasure?

Inertia Fri 30-Aug-13 15:19:45

I do have the original version of No More I love yous which I much prefer.

Katiepoes Fri 30-Aug-13 15:21:08

Walkin' on Sunshine
Anything involving Ronan Keating
That stupid Skyfowl Crumbowl wailfest from Adele...actually Adele in general
That one by Bryan Adams and Mel C/B....cant remember the name

Deffodil Fri 30-Aug-13 15:24:42

Beautiful South - Perfect 10

Something New by Girls Aloud is a current pet hate, the DCs have got it on a compilation and it is unbelievably irritating.

GinGuzzler Fri 30-Aug-13 15:27:34

MrGin sometimes listens to his collection of Sigue Sigue Sputnik songs.

I hate them all. They all sound EXACTLY the same. They are shite and excruciatenly irritating... I would do a link but in this case I think we should all be greatfull I can't do them.

angry

DipMeInChocolate Fri 30-Aug-13 15:28:27

Rihanna - only girl in the world

Lovecat Fri 30-Aug-13 15:32:44

Anything with Rihanna banging on about diamonds... fgs DeBeers, just sponsor the woman so she'll shut up about them!

Also Loveshack, Walk of Life, Frankie by Sister Sledge... <went to too many weddings in the early 90's>

OP, Bjork on record is not irritating. I actually don't mind listening to her. Watching her live, pretending to be a frickin' pixie while wafting around the stage being winsome to an extended noseflute solo... THAT'S irritating.

Thurlow Fri 30-Aug-13 15:34:13

Jailbreak, by Thin Lizzie. Purely because it came up on some thread on here about annoying lyrics, and someone pointed out the lines "Tonight there's going to be a jailbreak/Somewhere in this town" - to which the obvious comment is, 'well, love, I'd assume the jail would be a good place to guess...'

And I can never get that stupidity out of my head when I hear it.

Also Blurred Lines, because what it's about is vile, but blimey the song itself is very catchy. So it irritates me on many levels.

oscarwilde Fri 30-Aug-13 15:35:37

Ipsy Ditsy Daisy Doo - the frigging In the nightgarden song

If you're happy and you know it .. then shut the fk up

Can you I'm teaching my kids ALL the words to "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor, though actually it lends itself very well to adaptation

The Korean song - Gangnam Style? That's ffing irritating as fk

thebody Fri 30-Aug-13 15:35:59

anything by Rhianna is , crap.

agadoo push pineapple up your arse please

the birdie song.

MothershipG Fri 30-Aug-13 15:38:42

Streets of London, makes my ears bleed with it's maudlin claptrap.

Peetle Fri 30-Aug-13 15:39:30

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman. Every time I hear that "la doo dee la do dow" it makes me want to rip my own ears off. And she's singing it flat I tell you. Horrible, horrible song.

I second "foghorn" Adele too.

How long have I got ?

Lovely Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
by Bill Withers-my-brain-every-time-I-hear-it

and wind beneath my wings by Whats-her-name the actress one...the bit at the end when she goes "Wiiiiind....Wiiiiiiiiind....Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind beneath my wings" is just SOOO awful I have to block my ears

anything by Level 42...no explanation needed

Wallison Fri 30-Aug-13 15:44:33

Anything by Michael Fucking Buble. Not just because he's such a cunt, but because it makes me ashamed to be a middle-aged woman given how many of them adore him - I feel edgeless by association.

SPBisResisting Fri 30-Aug-13 15:44:55

"OP, Bjork on record is not irritating. "
But she yaps like a dog, shushes you loudly and it has godawful big band music playing in the background. What's not to hate?

ilovebabytv Fri 30-Aug-13 15:46:52

Not a pop song but the song from the Frosties advert. "there gonna taste great" I have an irrational hatred of that song.

SaucyJack Fri 30-Aug-13 15:49:04

Music by Madonna

FixItUpChappie Fri 30-Aug-13 15:50:14

That Fergie song about Lady Humps. One small step back for womankind.

FixItUpChappie Fri 30-Aug-13 15:50:57

That Fergie song about Lady Humps. One small step back for womankind.

FixItUpChappie Fri 30-Aug-13 15:51:29

Sorry I don't know why that posted twice hmm

boschy Fri 30-Aug-13 15:58:18

any of those winsome, wispie, pretty pretty girlies with 73 A*s at GCSE, parents related to the music business, all sorts of opportunities ahead, and they still sing like little girls. cf John Lewis ads Xmas 2011 and 2012 and numerous other TV ads since.

if you can sing, just fucking sing! I blame that 9 million bicyles in Beijing woman (song written by a womble - I rest my case).

SPBisResisting Fri 30-Aug-13 16:03:54

You mean eliza dolittle, ellie goulding, etc. All wikkle girly voices and plinky plonky piano music

Best Song Ever by One Direction. The video is even more annoying. angry

NoComet Fri 30-Aug-13 16:09:00

Red red whiiinnneee is my all time hate.

This holidays is 'she walks like Rhianna' I'm crap at skating without them playing that junk!

Wallison Fri 30-Aug-13 16:11:57

Jeremy Hardy sang 'My Humps' to the tune of 'I Vow To Thee My Country' on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue once. It was fucking golden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now