Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To ask what you mums who work part time do for a job?

(155 Posts)
MillyStar Thu 29-Aug-13 22:08:35

I've been a secretary for a company for nearly ten years now and work 16 hours per week since my maternity leave ended.

The company are moving 15 miles away down the busiest stretch of motorway for miles around so I've started to look for something else

I've sent about 80 cv's and covering letters out but I'm struggling to find part time secretarial work so I think I may have to start looking for something else

Just looking for ideas? This has been my only full time job as I'm 28 so apart from a shop I can't think of anything - not that I'm adverse to working in a shop!

Medical secretary in paediatrics.

CaurnieBred Fri 30-Aug-13 21:54:43

Admin role in a management consultancy on a 60% programme. Was a full time PA (EA) before maternity then went back as a 60% "Float" (ie, employed temp) once had DD. Did that for 2 years then was offered the admin role but only took it on the basis that it would also be 60%. Was 3 full days before DD started school but since she has been at school I now spread the time over 5 days during school hours with at least 3 days working from home.

BettyBottersBetterButter Fri 30-Aug-13 22:18:39

Childminder - I work 8-5pm 4 days a week but obviously don't have to worry about childcare. I'd love to drop down to 3 days a week &/or term time only as it does impact on my own DC

raisah Fri 30-Aug-13 22:50:30

Have you had a look on the mumsnet jobs board? There are some interesting p/t positions on there.

I sell fresh produce in the uk and Europe smile

Sometimes the invisible industries can be the most interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now