Fitting in around PFBs routines

(52 Posts)
happygonicky Thu 29-Aug-13 17:21:30

Just wondered if I'm being UR re fitting in around other mums and their babies' routines. I have the 'easy baby' in our NCT group and have a loose routine for 9 MO, like to be out and about and baby happy to sleep on go, but it's really starting to get on my nerves that my friends want to be at home for mealtimes, can't agree a meet-up time until baby awake, need to meet half an hour later so baby doesn't need to be woken, literally as I'm walking out the door, can't meet at a certain time any day because it's nap time...

How does it work with second babies? I'm starting to feel like there's a 10 min slot we can all make, and that's with me bending over backwards. Do I just need to chill?

Weissbier Fri 30-Aug-13 20:38:58

It isn't so much the extent of routines that gets on my wick, as unwillingness to make ANY kind of concession that might signal your company is important to the other person e.g. if baby will only nap at home, they could invite you to come for lunch or coffee at theirs...

I had a friend who would only meet between the hours of 530PM and 8PM on weekdays at her end of town. I didn't mind that she had her kids on a late routine 'cos it suited them, but as my kids go to nursery and are falling over with tiredness by 530 on a weekday. I offered weekend mornings in her neck of the woods or weekday evenings in mine so could still get dd to bed early enough, but neither was any good because she only wanted to see me if it was a way to use the dead time before her DH got home, without much effort hmm

soverylucky Fri 30-Aug-13 21:36:34

I was flexible in the day as dd would sleep in her pram if needed although I did prefer to be at home. However one thing I was very unflexible on was her evening/bed time routine. Both of mine have been excellent sleepers and I think this is partly due to the evening routine they have followed from about 6 months old. So for me it was worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now