To start a new life as a fictional witch?

(18 Posts)
Sunnysummer Thu 29-Aug-13 11:40:31

Specifically, one of Terry Pratchett's witches.

DS is a reflux machine who sleeps only in 45 minute bursts, DH has discovered a totally unrelated pressing need to start working very long hours for the first time in years and my mum is seriously ill.

On the Discworld, on the other hand, my nosy and meddlesome nature and love of a good hat and a black frock will be well suited for witching, and my family will all be around for company and having a great old time - DSis2 is clearly Nanny Ogg, DBro, DDad and DS are NacMacFeegles along with my mum the Kelda, while DH is sadly likely be off in Ankh Morpork a lot of the time leading the Night Watch, but at least he'll be under the eye of my DSis1, Lord Vetinari, and accompanied by our dog, the Luggage.

Care to join? Or have a better alternative?

I need one of Granny Weatherwax's potions for a sore throat before I can think of a witty reply! grin Although I'm probably closest to Agnes Nitt...

Mogz Thu 29-Aug-13 11:44:50

I'm in, I always fancied myself living on Discworld, I'd probably try to find employment at Lady Sybil's swamp dragon sanctuary.

SaucyJack Thu 29-Aug-13 11:46:32

I'd love to, but I'm too busy being a full time legend. Sorry.

DiseasesOfTheSheep Thu 29-Aug-13 11:47:47

I belong at the Unseen University. It is my spiritual home.

SofaKing Thu 29-Aug-13 11:48:18

I'm in too.

I could be Agnes, I have a lovely personality, good hair, and I am a fine figure of Lancre womanhood to boot.

There should be an online discworld game, for all the hard times in life!

PandorasSocks Thu 29-Aug-13 13:32:02

I'm afraid I'd have to be Magrat.

Sophita Thu 29-Aug-13 13:41:24

Sorry you're having such a crap time OP - really hope things get better soon flowers

I would also be very happy to sack off today / this week / this month / life in general and relocate to the Discworld. Given that I'm currently in the midst of a raging dose of PMT, I'm opting to be Angua. Am not nearly beautiful enough, but right now, I think she'd actually be scared of my temper (not to mention my ability to lay waste to a packet of biscuits chicken coop) wink

FastWindow Thu 29-Aug-13 13:46:48

I'm in! I want to meet Death and Susan, and see the dark actually rolling in at night.

I'll also be trying a hot dog from Cut me own throat Dibbler.

I think I am bit of a hybrid between the witches
I have Agnes Nitt's figure
Nanny Ogg's sense of humour and singing voice shock
Magrat's hair with a will of its own
and a touch Granny Weatherwax's steel and stubborness.

I'm a one woman coven

I wouldn't mind dinner with Casanunda and I think I would really like Lady Sybil.

I'm packing my luggage too...

Dobbiesmum Thu 29-Aug-13 13:55:18

I'm joining the Nightwatch grin

StanleyLambchop Thu 29-Aug-13 13:59:49

I've always had a bit of a crush on Sam Vimes of the Watch, but as he is a happily married man with a small son he is sadly off limits! Maybe I could be the librarian, ook, I have the auburn hair!!!

CMOT Dibbler posts on MN, maybe she will be along later with a burger.....

I want to meet Binky smile

Granny Weatherwax is my hero grin

And I, too, have a deep and abiding love for Capt. Vimes blush

Dobbiesmum Thu 29-Aug-13 14:05:42

Me too Stanley blush apart from the issue of alcoholism he's actually very close to DH in his nature in some ways...

BatmanLovesAllan Thu 29-Aug-13 14:07:43

I get myself to sleep at night imagining myself as a Discworld character blush

I would be an Adorabelle Dearheart type character, running a shop selling unguents.

musicwithrocksinit Thu 29-Aug-13 14:14:02

Unfortunately I think I am magrat but would rather be susan

I'm Adora Belle Dearheart. I work in homelessness (very close to saving Golems) and I'm a moody bastard. Vetinari wouldn't give me any shit, so that's a plus. I could also take up smoking again because it's a character trait.

Also, because my imaginary DH writes the books, I get to be who I want. So there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now