to be bloody pissed off that the CSA...

(209 Posts)
fanjangolo Wed 28-Aug-13 21:31:36

take child tax credits from one set of children living with the Non resident parent, to give to their other child regardless of the resident parents income.

Child Tax Credits are given to lift children out of poverty and then the CSA take them, shoving them back into poverty - even if the child they are giving this money to lives in a wealthy household.

Snatchoo Thu 29-Aug-13 20:05:17

I know you've had a work through the figures now, but I just looked on the calc and it says only WTC is taken into consideration?

ivegotahousefull Thu 29-Aug-13 20:31:35

sorry to add my two pence worth, not been on this site in like forever,,, but, came accross this ,,,the whole csa system is a great big farce!!

My ex h, "works" 16 hours a wk,,,(gets the rest cash in hand) .. his wife works full time, they are on csa 2, so he pays absolute minimum!

My husband is on csa 1,,i work and he works yet both wages are taken into account for csa.

Now, although i dont get tax credits,i totally understand what the op is saying,,,,

They get wages, cb, tax creds, and ctc
The ex partner gets cb, ctc, income support maybe,,,, this , therefor, means that the ex partner, gets both her ctc, and a percentage of the second familes ctc,,,,, so i totally see what they are saying.

One of my biggest gripes is,,, the law says you need xyz too live on,,, so therefore,,, when you pay a massive portion in csa, which in my husbands case he does, not far short of a thousand pounds a month,,, why does his ex still qualify for maximum benefits.

He didnt have a good job when they were together, he has never denied his daughter anything, providing he can afford it, yet his ex maintains a better life style than us, courtesy of his "csa contribution"

I am not a bitter ex wife, not a bitter new partner, i just think they should be a fairer system for all, rather than the current two which are running,,,,,,,,

littlemisssarcastic Thu 29-Aug-13 21:47:26

If your husband had remained married to his ex partner, their DC would have enjoyed an elevated style of living when he got his better paid job, so why should his child not benefit from his increased earnings now they are apart ivegotahousefull ?

littlemisssarcastic Thu 29-Aug-13 21:48:19

Or perhaps I should have asked, what would you deem a fairer system to be in your case?

ivegotahousefull Thu 29-Aug-13 22:20:57

The fact is littlemisssarcstic, my husband and his wife were finished 7 years before he got a better paid job,,,,maybe if he had stayed together he would of been in the same job he had,,, different towns, etc etc.

His child doesnt have a better life for his increased earnings, but thats another story!! my husband still provides necessaties for her as well.

I gave my opinion on the csa incompetencies, rather than to go through the ins and outs of my personal dilemmas with the csa.

A fairer system should be, that, if the nrp pays a high amount in csa payments why should the ex, get full benefits of ctc, income support, cb, prescriptions, full rent paid etc...... csa is an non accountable income, so she is more than over the minimum of what the law says she should live on.

They shouldnt be nearly three different types of csa systems running, they should be one,,,, we are on csa 1, my kids dont count,,,, myself and my ex are on csa 2,,,my kids get the second amount, my exes partners kids get the first percentage... they should be a fairer system for all end of,,, what and how, im not sure, but the ones they have running are not ideal!!

needaholidaynow Thu 29-Aug-13 22:22:41

ivegotahousefull I'm taking it he only pays all that due to your income being taken in to account as well? I'm glad not many are on csa1 anymore.

IneedAyoniNickname Thu 29-Aug-13 22:24:39

What's csa1 and csa2? I've never come across those terms before?

CSA isn't taken into account for other benefits as far to often it isn't paid (not saying in your case ivegot but overall) which meant the rp couldn't afford even the basics.

feelingvunerable Thu 29-Aug-13 22:41:03

Can someone answer my question.

My dh has left and hasn't paid anything at all. He has left us in serious debt.

He is with a woman who is on benefits. Lives in a big detached house 4 kids. big new people carrier. He isn't officially living there but neighbours have confirmed he is there "most of the time" and he has told everyone he is officially with her.

Will any of this affect the amount I can claim off him?

He is refusing outright to contribute to the mortgage or household bills even though he is named on them and has accrued debt to the mortgage.

ivegotahousefull Thu 29-Aug-13 23:09:24

needsaholiday now,,,,yes,,,,

ineed,,,csa 1 is the original csa system set up in 2002
csa 2 was deemed to be the new fairer system
and of course there is now csa 3 doing its rounds,,,,,,,my husband has paid csa every month without fail for 11 years ,, never missed a payment, his ex has been on benefits for all of these years,,,so she has wholly benefited from this,,,

feeling vulnerable,,,,i suggest you go to csa, if he moves in with her, it will affect what you receive as her four kids will receive the first 25 percent of his wages, your child/ren will receive the remaining percentage .

If he is named on mortgage and bills, and is earning, he is liable for them, if not all, at least half, you need to seek legal advice, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now