In thinking 'piles' should be more talked about?

(105 Posts)
Nicknameinvalid Wed 28-Aug-13 14:39:10

First time in my life I've had them.. And OUCH!

But I'm sooo embarrassed.. I've had to make up a 'pulling a muscle' injury at work to cover why I keep wincing and squeaking when I sit down wrong!

Allegedly 40% of the population has had them.. So why aren't they ever talked about?

Or am I just a total prude lol

Buzzardbird Fri 30-Aug-13 10:50:30

The sonographer told me to eat any cereal I wished for breakfast but always put a tablespoon of pure bran on it. Good advice though still have 'nobbies' (nobbie styles)

Mimishimi Fri 30-Aug-13 10:46:30

I got them after both children were born. If I am particularly constipated, I will get them now but that's pretty rare...maybe once a year for a day or two. Lots of fibre and lots of water are the only things that help prevent/alleviate the condition for me.

StupidFlanders Fri 30-Aug-13 10:25:57

Ok I'll talk- I started a couple of threads when I got mine a week before my c section. The dr said she was glad I wasn't having a vaginal birth.

The entire week I was either sitting on ice, trying to lie down and crying.

They thrombosed. It was unbearable- worse pain than when I recovered from a c section without pain relief.

I will not have any more children and I've insisted when we renovate, the ensuite will have a bidet.

I tell everyone who is pregnant to drink heaps of oj - even though mine came from no where. I feel guilt at the joy that mine went straight after birth- I really feel for those who suffer regularly.

Buzzardbird Fri 30-Aug-13 10:10:51

My 'chalfonts' (chalfont st.Giles) really itch...anyone else's do that?

Yonihadtoask Fri 30-Aug-13 09:13:44

YANBU OP.

I too, am a sufferer. Am awaiting a date for my op - as have been in real pain with them.

But it is embarrassing - and other people think you are being a big old softie, and wimping out of activities because of piles.

However mine have eased a bit, still there. But in the first month I slept not a wink. I had a (imaginary) goblin kicking me up the arse all through the night with a pointed shoe. I was mainlining Co-Codamol - which in hindsight was the worse thing to be prescribed! Grr..

I doubt that the op will be a breeze - but I want to be back to normal, and not have this cluster of grapes hindering my bum wiping. Grim.

I have told all my friends about it, most have suffered, but not to the same extent.

Mine have come and gone since DS1 was born. Had an awful case about two weeks ago, thanks to MN as soon as they appear now I get the suppositories! Luckily my GP has given me daily movicol now as my meds seem to have a bit of a bunging effect, which was Not Helping. Took me ages after the birth of DS1 to realise that the majority of my undercarriage pain was piles rather than fanjo pain grin

My mum has had her thrombosed ones operated on twice, once just after having DD2 (who is now heavily pregnant and suffering with her own!) and once again more recently. She is very upfront about it and made her young male colleagues blush when they asked if she was okay as she'd been in hospital.

FiftyShadesofGreyMatter Fri 30-Aug-13 08:35:50

SeaSickSal could you please elaborate on your skin tag op. Please pm me if you don't want to share with the world, thanks grin

SeaSickSal Thu 29-Aug-13 23:43:39

SirRaymond I have. But I don't think the world is ready to deal with the perfection that is my bumhole.

and why don't we have more friggin bidet action in this country? Somebody I knew had an electric shower fitted next to the toilet. She was marrying a muslim chap who had to wash his parts five times a day before praying. I have thought upon this many times. I'd like to wash my parts every time I wee or poo. Just with water. It'd be luvverly.

shudder..... ooooooh fucketty fuck fuck

vjg13 Thu 29-Aug-13 19:43:59

A relative of mine only went to her GP when it WAS THE SIZE OF A HEN's EGG! Even the GP struggled to not gasp when she saw it.

Almostfifty Thu 29-Aug-13 18:13:59

Ahh Trashcan she was the most lovely doctor I'd ever had. Saw me through all four pregnancies, and we both cried when I moved away.

Her husband was also a doctor. She said he was, 'Very sympathetic to people who had piles...' The poor sod probably got her pushing his back up for him!

Nicknameinvalid Thu 29-Aug-13 17:28:41

Argh! Bloody iphone!

I suspect I'm slightly over thinking this as this thought occurred to me whilst driving on the motorway today grin

Nicknameinvalid Thu 29-Aug-13 17:27:50

Am I alone in wondering how they can be 'caught' whilst having sex? Either I'm doing it wrong or I have no imagination...

Unless of course he frequently 'misses' the goal hmm grin

And I suspect that seeing as this tho
U

brianbennettfan Thu 29-Aug-13 17:07:14

Had a nasty dose of the Farmers a few weeks ago.

Second what expat wrote a couple of pages ago about using Hemoclin. £16.99 at Boots (ouch) but very effective.

Feel sorry in my heart for those who have had a thrombosed pile, they are worse than childbirth. My perfect bumhole vanished when I had DD1 at the ripe old age of 21.

Wellwobbly Thu 29-Aug-13 15:53:21

"Oh and my husband sometimes catches them when we have sex. I have to tell him to move as he is rubbing my piles. "

<<Wobbly bent double w mirth >>

No. These stories can NOT be topped.

Nicknameinvalid Thu 29-Aug-13 14:57:02

Thanks to the advice on here (namely suppositories) they are feeling a bit better - still sticking out like I've got a tail tho blush and wiping ones bottom is a teeth clenching, trying not to screech experience.

<raises hand>

I have piles, external ones, caused by IBS and stress. Doesn't matter how much water I drink, the bastardy things can be agony. Last xmas & new year was horrendous, but after much steroid cream and changing jobs they have subsided. I'm keeping everything crossed that they don't come back!

DoudousDoor Thu 29-Aug-13 11:51:12

I gave birth in France. When it was "checking out" time (4 days after the birth) the midwife came round to give me all the various prescriptions (painkillers for me, vitamins for DS etc.) and asked if I needed something for piles.

So it's very well-known here!

Foolishly I smugly said no and regretted it a while later. Have not had a lot of pain though yet just random bleeding and pain sometimes. Not even convinced it is piles. Thought it might be once when I went to the loo and it looked like a scene from a horror movie (and it wasn't period blood) but fortunately that's not happened again.

SirRaymondClench Thu 29-Aug-13 11:49:49

Seasick have you considered a career as a bumhole model?
Because there must be a market for it (somewhere)

BatwingsAndButterflies Thu 29-Aug-13 11:36:20

MY GOD!

I used to want children but among various other things, threads like this make me think I'll just enjoy my money and perfect bumhole forever.

almostfifty that's appalling! I'd want to hunt down that fucker and do him/her some serious damage....

Gurraun Wed 28-Aug-13 22:47:02

Oh my god they are worst things ever. I got two at 38 weeks pregnant. They thrombosed and were so awful they took me in for an emergency section as they were worried I'd haemorrhage if I went into labour.

They were vastly improved as soon as hefty baby removed but I'm lucky to have bupa so saw a consultant when baby a week old and he injected them with phenyl to kill them completely. That was 5 weeks ago and all sorted now.

I talk about them to anyone and everyone and urge any sufferers to get them sorted (camp at doctors and refuse to leave if necessary )

Bibblebo Wed 28-Aug-13 22:46:38

Cutting out bread and eating muesli instead is a great help!

samu2 Wed 28-Aug-13 22:43:30

well, rubs against them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now