In thinking 'piles' should be more talked about?

(105 Posts)
Nicknameinvalid Wed 28-Aug-13 14:39:10

First time in my life I've had them.. And OUCH!

But I'm sooo embarrassed.. I've had to make up a 'pulling a muscle' injury at work to cover why I keep wincing and squeaking when I sit down wrong!

Allegedly 40% of the population has had them.. So why aren't they ever talked about?

Or am I just a total prude lol

Yonihadtoask Fri 30-Aug-13 09:13:44

YANBU OP.

I too, am a sufferer. Am awaiting a date for my op - as have been in real pain with them.

But it is embarrassing - and other people think you are being a big old softie, and wimping out of activities because of piles.

However mine have eased a bit, still there. But in the first month I slept not a wink. I had a (imaginary) goblin kicking me up the arse all through the night with a pointed shoe. I was mainlining Co-Codamol - which in hindsight was the worse thing to be prescribed! Grr..

I doubt that the op will be a breeze - but I want to be back to normal, and not have this cluster of grapes hindering my bum wiping. Grim.

I have told all my friends about it, most have suffered, but not to the same extent.

Buzzardbird Fri 30-Aug-13 10:10:51

My 'chalfonts' (chalfont st.Giles) really itch...anyone else's do that?

StupidFlanders Fri 30-Aug-13 10:25:57

Ok I'll talk- I started a couple of threads when I got mine a week before my c section. The dr said she was glad I wasn't having a vaginal birth.

The entire week I was either sitting on ice, trying to lie down and crying.

They thrombosed. It was unbearable- worse pain than when I recovered from a c section without pain relief.

I will not have any more children and I've insisted when we renovate, the ensuite will have a bidet.

I tell everyone who is pregnant to drink heaps of oj - even though mine came from no where. I feel guilt at the joy that mine went straight after birth- I really feel for those who suffer regularly.

Mimishimi Fri 30-Aug-13 10:46:30

I got them after both children were born. If I am particularly constipated, I will get them now but that's pretty rare...maybe once a year for a day or two. Lots of fibre and lots of water are the only things that help prevent/alleviate the condition for me.

Buzzardbird Fri 30-Aug-13 10:50:30

The sonographer told me to eat any cereal I wished for breakfast but always put a tablespoon of pure bran on it. Good advice though still have 'nobbies' (nobbie styles)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now