...to suggest to my DD1 (16) that she should go to the gym?

(53 Posts)
UneBelleCerise Tue 27-Aug-13 13:43:31

She is not overweight. In fact, she is slightly underweight but has steadily been putting weight on over the last two years, which is a relief.

Her high metabolism means she eats a lot of unhealthy food regularly (crisps, biscuits, chocolates) and never gets fat - lucky sod!

However she has a family history of heart disease from her father's side, so AIBU to suggest to her that she does cardio at the gym a few times a week? She is not very fit either.

justanothernotsoyummymummy Wed 28-Aug-13 14:21:59

Hi all, it's OP. I name changed for another thread. She likes the idea of gym as 3 of her friends already go and they do an hour on Saturday mornings together.

She is also very keen on the couch to 5k running plan. I shall research that.

beastofburden, she refuses to eat fish. Thinks it is still very cruel and is very passionate about animal rights. She won't eat haribo due to gelatin even though I do! Wouldn't dream of hurting a fly.

I go to the gym with my DD and she is the one who wanted to join and she is 15 so I don't see why a 16 wouldn't want to go.
Really glad she is open to it and if she has friends already there then she'll enjoy it with them.

Agree with others, I was the same at 16 - skinny little thing who ate crap all the time.
It soon piles on though the older you get.

justanothernotsoyummymummy Wed 28-Aug-13 15:14:01

hellsbellsmelons she might not though - I was the same at 16 and am still skinny but VERY unfit confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now