Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To still not have given up my childhood dream?

(31 Posts)
darlingdaffodils Tue 27-Aug-13 12:13:48

From about the age of 5 my dream was to marry a farmer!

Seeing a muddy land rover or tractor probably does the same for me as Brad Pitt does for others.

I did have two plans - marry a farmer or become a nun. I think being a nun is more likely! I don't even live out in the country!

Everyone has weird childhood dreams though don't they?

Dobbiesmum Wed 28-Aug-13 10:04:36

I still have my copy of The Children of Willow Farm somewhere, must dig it out..
Where I live is very much a farming community, we're surrounded by them. I suppose we're lucky though, because we're also a commuter village on a main road and train route between to large cities we're not isolated like some places are so people have other things to talk about.
<still boggling about where some people get their ideas about Farmers from, the BBC?>

thebody Wed 28-Aug-13 10:11:04

my friend is a farmers wife and I picked her up to go out in a Girly night. it was very dark and eventually found her dragging a dead sheep across the yard to the boiler house.

she hailed me to help her.. wtf huge townie here born and bred.

I reluctantly help her lift it up and it spews out some vomit over my nice red heels. 'oh that's what killed it then pneumonia' she said!!

we then threw it in the boiler and she pointed out that that would keep them warm for a few days.

still traumatised!! op a nun too? really all that praying and singing and no makeup or wine? are you mad?

Dobbiesmum Wed 28-Aug-13 10:19:59

It was a mainly joke when I was pg that if it happened too quickly to get me medical help then DH could help me out because of all the calves he's helped to birth grin ironically he's fine sticking his hand inside a cow. He almost anted when he saw DS's head crowning...

Dobbiesmum Wed 28-Aug-13 10:20:37

FFS.
Mainly = family
Ated = fainted.

Whojamaflip Wed 28-Aug-13 10:25:00

Dobbie my dh threatened to lack the calving ropes in my hospital bag grin

darlingdaffodils Wed 28-Aug-13 19:18:59

Oh yes a nun! Not a Sound of Music nun either - didn't like the film. I was thinking a proper strict mostly silent order!

All the information comes from Countryfile I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now