To think 90% of the posts on here are crap

(165 Posts)
MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 15:51:32

That are made up just to get some sort of attention. "To the thick heads" this post is not for attention it's to debate the need to post fake crap for attention.

Sparklingbrook Mon 26-Aug-13 16:03:47

My posts are always true and very fascinating. Looks like I made the 10%. Go me.

Thumbwitch Mon 26-Aug-13 16:03:49

Oh and you can stick your PA smile where the sun doesn't shine. HTH.

cocolepew Mon 26-Aug-13 16:04:35

grin @"Wikipedia. why?"

Tuon Mon 26-Aug-13 16:04:56

bái mù

usualsuspect Mon 26-Aug-13 16:05:20

Although I didn't actually read what Tuon said,it was a bit long

MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 16:05:34

Thumbwitch, post wasn't aimed at you.

hiddenhome Mon 26-Aug-13 16:05:45

I am a total liar and make everything up.

I'm not actually a mum or a nurse. My name is Terry and I'm a 6'2" welder from Sheffield and I like to dress up as a laydee on Tuesdays confused

gordyslovesheep Mon 26-Aug-13 16:06:28

harapni én

MrsTwgtwf Mon 26-Aug-13 16:07:35

I did not know that, TeamEdward. Thanks. smile

YouTheCat Mon 26-Aug-13 16:07:54

Why Tuesdays, Terry? grin

SilverApples Mon 26-Aug-13 16:08:54

Coz Terry and Tuesday alliterate.

Tuon Mon 26-Aug-13 16:08:56

But....*Hidden*, is that a lie?

I fucking love wikipedia.

The Pinocchio paradox arises when Pinocchio says "My nose grows now" and is a version of the liar paradox.The liar paradox is defined in philosophy and logic as the statement "This sentence is false." Any attempts to assign a classical binary truth value to this statement leads to a contradiction, or paradox. This occurs because if the statement "This sentence is false" is true, then it is false; this would mean that it is technically true, but also that it is false, and so on ad infinitum.
Although the Pinocchio paradox belongs to the liar paradox tradition, it is a special case because it has no semantic predicates, as for example "My sentence is false" does.
The Pinocchio paradox has nothing to do with Pinocchio being a known liar. If Pinocchio were to say "I am getting sick", this could be either true or false, but Pinocchio's sentence "My nose grows now" can be neither truth nor false; hence this and only this sentence creates the Pinocchio (liar) paradox.

The internet is a world of knowledge. If you think the posts are shit, go read something better. You could learn almost anything by sitting at a computer MrUFO.

Rooners Mon 26-Aug-13 16:10:26

I can't work out if the OP is a grown up who has a fragile grasp of punctuation, or a teenager waiting to go back to school.

MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 16:12:53

I did learn something, Most of the people agree that it is crap and you like to copy and paste a lot of crap.

MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 16:14:19

oh God someone phoned the grammar police, i knew it wouldn't be long till they showed up.

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 16:14:36

Welcome Terry.
I'm Jim Bob Billy Joe and I live on the bayou.

Tuon Mon 26-Aug-13 16:15:13

Crap is a slang term for feces, also used as a colloquialism to describe something substandard.

The acronym CRAP may refer to:

Commandos de recherche et d'action en profondeur, the former name of France's Commando Parachute Group.

"Conservative-Reform Alliance Party", former name of the Canadian Alliance Party, which became the Conservative Party of Canada.

"Create, retrieve, alter, purge", the four basic database actions more commonly known as create, read, update and delete.

MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 16:16:07

By the way i think or a teenager should be a capital O

SilverApples Mon 26-Aug-13 16:16:11

Pirates? CRAP?
In what possible way is finding out stuff about pirates crap?
Bartholomew Roberts was one of my favourites.

Sparklingbrook Mon 26-Aug-13 16:16:14

So how are you going to sort all this out MrUFO? Or do you need to find a forum with more truth perhaps?

I rarely start threads. But when I do, I am nothing if not truthful.

So there.

everlong Mon 26-Aug-13 16:18:30

Come on now sparkling, don't tell me you believe everything.

OP makes a valid point.

MrUFO Mon 26-Aug-13 16:18:40

Don't know Sparklingbrook any ideas?

usualsuspect Mon 26-Aug-13 16:18:56

AIBU is mostly made up.

But I believe the campers in the camping topic.

Rooners Mon 26-Aug-13 16:19:04

I'm not interested in your grammar, only punctuation.

And why do you think it should have a capital O?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now