to think this woman to think this woman has no right to call herself a feminist?

(44 Posts)
Lionstigersandbears Mon 26-Aug-13 15:07:10

Friend of a friend got herself deliberately pregnant 7 years ago in the hope the bloke would want to marry her. He didn't but takes more than care of her and her DS (rent,car, clothes,holidays, private school etc etc),sees his DS every weekend, and drops everything when she calls because she can't control DS on her own. She harps on constantly about how proud she is to be an independent feminist when it seems all she does is ask for money and help from this poor bloke!

I am also a single mum but grateful for any support my ex can actually be arsed to give me

Feels like she is she just using feminism as an excuse to be a gobby under achiever?

biscuit

KellyHopter Mon 26-Aug-13 15:13:46

Lol

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 26-Aug-13 15:14:54

Nice try.

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 15:17:33

Wow she grew a penis,had sex with herself and got pregnant. Does the child suffer any effects from the parent being genetically identical?

I'm a SAHM who occasionally bakes cakes and likes knitting. Am I still allowed to be a feminist? grin

mynameisslimshady Mon 26-Aug-13 15:22:56

Shit, I'm married and expect my husband to share parenting with me. Am I not a feminist either?

Go on, admit it, you're jealous and you want a rant wink

DaleyBump Mon 26-Aug-13 15:24:15

biscuit

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 15:24:37

Did you get yourself pregnant or have you harangued some poor downtroddon bloke to pay for your lifestyle huh?
Think the OP is talking through their arrse.

biscuit

FirmYoungCarrot Mon 26-Aug-13 15:28:39

I am a feminist but have no career, rely entirely on my husband for income and like Moaning I also bake cakes.

However I believe that women are equal to men and this equality should be reflected legally, financially and culturally etcetera.

Shit - I didn't realise that it was one or the other.

Seriously OP she co-parents with someone. Together they have made the decision that in their case their child is better off with a mother who doesn't work - this does not mean that she has to surrender all her rights and her vote.

I do see that calling herself an independent woman may be a bit galling as she's not financially independent but maybe she means it in other ways.

TheCuntingPigeon Mon 26-Aug-13 15:29:48

Coo coo coo. grin

PearlyWhites Mon 26-Aug-13 15:31:50

Sounds like a great dad.

caramelwaffle Mon 26-Aug-13 15:32:49

Private school fees, rent and other costs.

This "poor bloke" that you know is in fact rather wealthy...

FinallySaidMama Mon 26-Aug-13 15:34:23

Why are you grateful for the support your ex gives? Is it some kind of favour he's doing for you?

OP there are things things called condoms. They were invented recently (or not). They prevent a lot of pregnancies. Men can use them. They are really innovative.

I also didn't realise that being a feminist precluded co-parenting. Interesting. I will have to hand in my badge, rolling pin and cheque from the Rockefellers.

HoneyDragon Mon 26-Aug-13 15:36:45

Are feminists not allowed cake then? sad

Anniegetyourgun Mon 26-Aug-13 15:37:19

Poor bloke indeed. Not content with stealing his sperm while he innocently slept, now this dreadful woman forces him to play an ongoing part in his son's life. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

TheCuntingPigeon Mon 26-Aug-13 15:37:41

Coo. sad

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 15:38:34

But caramel she got herself pregnant,this isn't even his kid.

Finally of course she should be grateful,she's a ruined woman.

MN 1950s style

DioneTheDiabolist Mon 26-Aug-13 15:38:36

YABU, judgey and from the sounds of it, a bit envy OP.

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 15:41:14

MrsTP I spent my cheque on new boobies,I'm only masquerading as a feminist for the money.

SilverApples Mon 26-Aug-13 15:52:22

You mean she should have scuttled away in her shame and birthed her child without bothering the father? Grateful for what he could be arsed to give his child?
Or she should have involved him fully, and expect him to parent his son? Which is what she did.
I'm occasionally a little envious of the women I know who are in relationships where they don't work and have grown children and a wonderful lifestyle. Don't see why that stops them being feminists?

HoneyDragon Mon 26-Aug-13 15:57:51

I got my new boobs on the nhs <<racks up feminist points>>

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 26-Aug-13 16:01:07

Did you get them to show them off in men's magazines? Cause that's proper feminism innit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now