Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Friend has changed plans for today and is in a bad mood with me as I won't go along with it.

(11 Posts)
Nonalphamum Mon 26-Aug-13 10:42:37

My friend and I were, at her suggestion, going to meet up today in town to browse round the shops and have some lunch with our youngest DCs in tow.

She text me first thing this morning saying that she has now invited another friend along, X, and that X doesn't want to go into town so now the plan has changed and we are all going to the cinema.

I really don't fancy going to the cinema today, and simply text her back saying that I don't fancy the cinema so I'll catch up with her soon, hope she has a great time, and she just text back 'Ok', which is most out of character as her texts are normally long and chatty. I think she is in a bad mood as I won't go along with the change of plan. She's nice enough but always gets the hump the second I won't go along with what she says. Also I think it's a teensy bit rude that she invited X along too and we all are expected to suddenly do as X wants, with no regards for what I would like to do.

BlackAffronted Mon 26-Aug-13 10:43:41

It is a bit rude on her part. is she really a good friend?

Silverfoxballs Mon 26-Aug-13 10:45:13

I say balls to your mate, who is not much of a mate.

eurochick Mon 26-Aug-13 10:46:17

Very rude of your mate.

CaptainSweatPants Mon 26-Aug-13 10:48:53

shock

What a cow!

Short text is probably cos she knows she's out of order

Mia4 Mon 26-Aug-13 10:52:17

It is rude, think nothing more on it OP and let her come to you and make new plans.

Mojavewonderer Mon 26-Aug-13 10:57:26

Oh how very childish. Normally peeps say 'do you mind if so and so comes?' Your mate was very rude to just dump it on you like that and then to actually change what you were going to do too! Well your better off not going tbh, take your child shopping on your own and treat yourself to something nice! Sod her!

pianodoodle Mon 26-Aug-13 11:53:11

Very rude of her. If I was invited to go somewhere with friends who had already made plans I wouldn't make them change the plans to suit me!

I'd either go with what they were already doing or not go!

Nancy66 Mon 26-Aug-13 11:54:44

It was rude - but I think you should have said 'don't fancy cinema, can we stick with original plan?' and you could still be having your day out....

WeeS Mon 26-Aug-13 12:03:06

If she was that good a friend she would have come back to you to say she'll stick with the original plan & arrange to go to the cinema with X another day... I think you did the right thing. I would be miffed but maybe she just wasn't thinking. I would wait for her to come to you to arrange another outing.
I suspect the"ok" response is due to her realising her behaviour is a bit crap.

Xales Mon 26-Aug-13 12:09:22

So she invited another person who doesn't want to do what you and she originally planned and happily changed for them and gets pissy if you don't fall in line.

Other friend is more important to her and you are expected to do as told.

Not such a good friend. Cool the friendship and don't allow her to upset or affect you when she messes you around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now