To freakin' LOVE David Bowie in the film 'Labyrinth'?

(100 Posts)
Babybunny88 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:27:48

My DD loves this film and... So do I grin.

AIBU to pick her up and twirl her about during the film while singing "dance magic dance" while she breaks her heart laughing smile

All together now.. You remind me of the babe, what' babe? The babe with the power. grin

Figgygal Sun 25-Aug-13 22:03:52

Love it!!!!!!!

Babybunny88 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:04:25

Silverfox yes I watched that in the documentary. I would have gladly manipulated his crystal balls.

ArtexMonkey Sun 25-Aug-13 22:21:26

Has that worked?jesus this is a faff and a bloody half this here photo malarkey.

Refoca Sun 25-Aug-13 22:25:48

Yanbu - come inside and have a cuppa tea ;-) could quote it all day long (though please excuse me for gettig them half wrong, haha! I thought it was 'mind, you're the babe' for years!)

I drive my DH nutty with quotes, he just doesn't understand how I like it so much!

ArtexMonkey Sun 25-Aug-13 22:29:13

Exsqueeze me babybunny btw, but am I right in thinking from the numbers at the end of your username you weren't even BORN when Labyrinth came out? Cripes I feel like an old gimmer.

CelticPromise Sun 25-Aug-13 22:29:24

Yanbu. That is all grin

. ....documentary? Which one?

The two I've seen focussed on his music and not his film career.

RussianBlu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:31:47

Love the film, so long since I saw it.

DizzyPurple Sun 25-Aug-13 22:32:48

My nephew is named after that baby. Toby!

BabsAndTheRu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:36:24

I saw that film at the cinema when it first came out, man do I feel old now. Agree with the other posters about Sarah turning The Goblin King down. I remember my mum and her friend totally drooling over Bowie the whole way through as well as me and my mate.

ArtexMonkey Sun 25-Aug-13 22:41:52

Babs, I went to see it too, twice grin me and my friends didn't quite get WHY we liked jareth, we just knew we did.

BabsAndTheRu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:43:36

Oh no that reads totally wrong, my friend and I were also drooling over Bowie, not my mum and her friend drooling over us, this explanation is just making it worse now.

acer12 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:43:36

I have an uncle that was in the ball scene with a mask on!

Love David Bowie full stop!

VerySmallSqueak Sun 25-Aug-13 22:45:07

Never seen it.

I really must,must'nt I? (excellent English there)

Does my memory serve me properly in believing David Bowie was in a rather excellent film "Merry Christmas,Mr Lawrence" ?

Babybunny88 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:46:05

Artex- haha yes I am only 24 but in love with the film and now my dd is too.

Tootaboo- not a documentary as such, it was 'making of the labyrinth', at the end of the film when I bought the DVD. Lots of info smile

BabsAndTheRu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:48:43

Artex, I've just googled what year it came out, 1986. I was 14 at the time. We were allowed to go to the movies ourselves but mum and her friend came as well as thought it would look obvious if they went without kids that they were just there for Bowie.

ArtexMonkey Sun 25-Aug-13 22:48:51

grin at 'the ball scene', I had to take a minute to work out which you meant then, you know what I'm talking bout.

BabsAndTheRu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:52:02

Babybunny, ignore my post about what age I was when at the cinema to see it. (Must remember to apply even more moisturiser day and night, god I feel old)

BabsAndTheRu Sun 25-Aug-13 22:53:46

Right that's it , looking up Amazon now for the DVD

No way, I've got the DVD but never watched the extras!

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

DevonCiderPunk Sun 25-Aug-13 23:00:41

YANBU. Went to a 1980s theme party earlier this year dressed as Sarah & put DS (3) in some red, striped pyjamas!

Babybunny88 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:04:39

Babs- no shame in a persons age smile and definitely get the DVD. And enjoy the Bowie and his balls forever lol.

Tootaboo- don't be afraid to search YouTube as well for laby related things wink not like I do it often all the time. I don't look up pics of jareth on google images either I so do

catinabox Sun 25-Aug-13 23:06:48

It is totally my favorite film ever...i am going to watch it with DS and dance around the room as soon as possible.

Thank you...

Dance magic dance, put that baby spell on me ......................

grin I'd never stoop so low

<closes Google quickly>

Babybunny88 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:08:12

Slap that baby make him free..

Oh dear what awful parents we are allowing our kids to watch this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now