Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to sleep in same bed as ds forever

(109 Posts)
Pinkpinot Sat 24-Aug-13 00:38:27

Well, until he doesn't want to anymore
He's nearly 6
We've been away for a lot of the holidays, so shared a bed
He's so lovely and snuggly
And still wants to cuddle his mummy
Even though he's told me he hates me a couple of times this week sad

YANBU

DS is 5 and sleeps with me every night. It's the best smile

gallicgirl Sat 24-Aug-13 00:41:31

Mmmm would be awkward when he hits puberty!

Sleepy snuggles are lovely though, aren't they?

beaglesaresweet Sat 24-Aug-13 00:42:49

hmm, as far it's healthy for him? children who grow up being very attached/clingy to Mum, have lots of problems when they grow up, esp with relationships.

RagamuffinAndFidget Sat 24-Aug-13 00:45:58

What rubbish beagles - how can a child who gets love and closeness from their parents as long as they want it grow up to have 'problems in relationships'?!

OP, I hope you have a good few more sniffly nights ahead of you. I love having my boys cuddled up to me.. although DS1 has developed a habit of sleeping at the foot of the bed so I inadvertently kick him during the night which isn't quite so cuddly!

<<looks at my 6', 13 stone, exceptionally hairy DS17>>
<<shudders>>
I love him to pieces, but NO. Just no!
grin

AgentZigzag Sat 24-Aug-13 00:48:48

Awww, having a cuddle with your mum in bed at 6 YO isn't 'very attached/clingy' Beagle, it gives small children security.

YANBU OP, and I'm sure he's just testing out what effect his words can have on other people with the Kevin-style 'I hate you'.

AgentZigzag Sat 24-Aug-13 00:50:08

Saggy grin

RagamuffinAndFidget Sat 24-Aug-13 00:50:25

*snuggly nights!

'sniffly'? WTAF?

Yes, bollocks to all of that 'clingy' rubbish! DS might be 17 and hairy, but he still loves a cuddle! He's hardly Oedipus!
He's banned from the bed though after he lept into it between dp and I the other week and broke 2 slats! confused

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 24-Aug-13 00:53:08

The little ones yes, the 18 year old not so much grin

Pinkpinot Sat 24-Aug-13 01:02:13

I can't imagine doing it when he's 18, he'll really hate me by them, I'm sure.

LinusVanPelt Sat 24-Aug-13 01:16:39

I have just woken up in dd's bed (she's 3.5) after snuggling up at her bedtime for what was supposed to be a quick cuddle to settle her. I fell into a deep, lovely, cozy sleep, breathing in the smell of her little neck and with her drowsily stroking my hair. It's heavenly.

YANBU smile

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Sat 24-Aug-13 01:19:06

YANBU. But you can't.

sad grin

Bunnyjo Sat 24-Aug-13 01:19:07

I'm about to tuck myself up next to DS, who is 2. I love snuggling him on a night and, as he's just self weaned sad, I want to treasure these moments for just a little longer.

When we were on holiday myself, DH, DD (just turned 6) and DS all snuggled up in a superking bed, despite there being another double bed in the room! If DH got too warm, he retreated to the other bed grin

And, sorry beagles, but you're spouting utter garbage. Google attachment theory, and the studies around it, to see why.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Sat 24-Aug-13 01:19:49

Well, maybe for a little bit longer... smile

AgentZigzag Sat 24-Aug-13 01:23:00

DD2's 3.5 too, and gets in our bed every most nights, fucking hell she's boiling grin

Especially in this weather <phew>

Does it worry you when he says he hates you Pinkpinot? You don't really think he does do you?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sat 24-Aug-13 01:25:13

Every night when I put my seven year old to bed, we cuddle in and talk about the day. I hope that never ends.

Too clingy, my arse. A child who knows they are loved can never be too clingy.

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 24-Aug-13 01:30:07

No im sure he won't, 18 year olds can be really loving. Mines always giving me hugs and patting me on the head as he's so tall. He's just too big and smelly if his rooms anything to go by to have in the bed.

I wish my 18 year old was here now, he flew off Thursday on his first lads holiday

AgentZigzag Sat 24-Aug-13 01:34:40

Don't look at his facebook Moomins grin <sympathy>

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 24-Aug-13 01:38:49

I bet you my mum is stalking his fb Agent, his phone isn't working for some reason so he's sending the odd fb message letting us know what he's up to

I found myself messaging don't forget to wear suncream last night, I've turned into my mother

Sunnysummer Sat 24-Aug-13 01:47:21

Of course YANBU. I used to do short term nannying, and the clingiest kids were always the ones who were less attached to their parents - because they were less sure that mum would come back. We're just mammals, and all mammal babies sleep next to their mothers! smile

gymmummy64 Sat 24-Aug-13 01:57:44

DDs 11 and 14 still come in for cuddles on many a Sunday morning. It's lovely. And of course, any illness and it's my bed with extra cuddles. I think by today's labels then we probably did a lot of co-sleeping when they were little, but we just did what seemed natural and I don't think it has made them clingy/scarred them for life grin

crazykat Sat 24-Aug-13 02:03:04

I love cuddles with my DCs but not in the bed at night, I like my space too much. Plus even though its a kingsize bed I don't think there's room for me, DH and 4 DCs.

Cloudkitten Sat 24-Aug-13 02:04:41

Pinkpinot, do you have a DH/DP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now