Ok on a serious note I need some advice regarding my old neighbors

(40 Posts)
Longhotsoaks Fri 23-Aug-13 20:50:23

We moved from our old house, at the time I lived in our council house I was bullied and intimated in front of my dc's on a daily basis for three and a half years by both neighbors .

I was to scared to do anything and it made me very unhappy,and my dc's.

We gave our house back in the end and moved into a new house that we bought, today the old neighbor was at the end of our drive, its a dead end, she was watching me in her car and the dc's , I saw her and she that I saw her she then drove of quickly.

I know it is her I have then reg of the car so should I be worried it will start again, I do not think I can face it all over again,wwu do?

MammaTJ Sat 24-Aug-13 09:11:56

Do you not have a camera on youe phone? Most of them will video as well.

catinabox Sat 24-Aug-13 09:19:21

Oh got poor you. Having been bullied by a neighbours also really do sympathise. When we moved i saw our old neighbour near my work and i literally panicked and was worried about it for weeks. I haven;'t seen her since. That was a year ago.

Perhaps your reaction to seeing this neighbour is a stress reaction and nothing will come of it. (she will probably be working on whoever moved into your old house by now)

But...if you do see her again, contact your local PCSO's mine were absolutely brilliant. really supportive.

FrigginRexManningDay Sat 24-Aug-13 09:26:35

OP you poor thing,hopefully the police and HA will scare the shit out of them. I can't stand this sort of pack hunting,there's something very feral about it. Almost like the people who do it have nothing in their lives.

FannyFifer Sat 24-Aug-13 09:37:11

Your DP sounds like an arse.

Did they physically threaten you previously?

Let them watch you, fucking cunts, phone police every time.
Get a camera and photo or video them.

Don't be scared, it's not your fault.

Longhotsoaks Sat 24-Aug-13 10:03:27

He burys his head a lot i have to deal with it . I wont let it get to me this time thats why i am waiting to see what the police say.

Longhotsoaks Sat 24-Aug-13 10:08:36

Yes was verbally threatned twice infront of my two dcs and the second time she had four mstes with her.

They damaged my kids trampoline threw thingd in our garden encouraged their kids to do so.

The one who did all the threatning was not their it was the other neighbor who did the stirring but she will know where we live now.

Longhotsoaks Sat 24-Aug-13 10:15:30

Bump

LimitedEditionLady Sat 24-Aug-13 12:35:56

Have you thought of putting a small cctv camera pointing on your garden?as long as its not pointing at anyones property and you put a little notice on i think thats fine.It could be a nice detterant. If they THINK they are being filmed that will put them off.
Your DP is obviously scared too but you need to be a strong unit.

breakingup Sat 24-Aug-13 12:42:07

What was the reason for them targeting you to start with?

Was there something that happened that caused an argument?

Is there anyone on your new street that she could of been visiting?

Your dp doesn't sound helpful?

TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Sat 24-Aug-13 13:01:50

Did the police come round? I have only skipped through the thread, so may have missed that bit.

What did they say?

Longhotsoaks Sat 24-Aug-13 13:17:17

Have not heard from police yet.

It started by neighbor saying things to other neighbor about things i was meant to said.

Its down to jealously on their part and them not having s life and envious because i did.

Neighbor who threatned me try to say sorry the day i left i ignored her little to late id day.

LimitedEditionLady Sat 24-Aug-13 16:20:40

I thought it might be jealousy.was it the neighbour who apologised who knows where you live now?

Longhotsoaks Sat 24-Aug-13 22:00:13

No she didnt but her side kick does now.

Finola1step Sat 24-Aug-13 22:38:52

Hi long. I didn't want to read and run. I haven't got any useful advice but I did want to say a big, fat well done.

Well done for getting yourself and your family out of the old house. Well done for taking a stand and reporting what has happened. I know it is scary and there must be a part of you that wants to just run. But you are doing the very best thing as a parent - showing your children how to take a stand against horrid people like this.

Def continue keeping notes etc. I do wonder if the side kick was bored and wanted a bit of fun at your expense. Wanting to see if they can still push your buttons. Don't react in front of them. Ignore and report. Good luck.

Mia4 Sun 25-Aug-13 09:46:12

Do you have a mobile phone Long? Record her if ever you see her as proof and given that she's threatened you if you call 999 if she turns up again then they should respond quickly.

Also perhaps ask at the citizens Advice Beauro (or like) and the police about a restraining order? If they are known to be harassers then the police should be able to caution them (if not now then if they try again) and place an order to stop them coming within so many feet.

CCTV is also a good idea and a burglar alarm (through a proper company).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now